Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2001, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi y'all

Ies can sayss y'all cus Ies from to Suth. Right now my 99 walker GHS 25 is in the shop. They are checking it out and will get back to me. Oh yes there were some words exchanged, but I tried to keep it civil. The dealer and I are on nice guy terms right now and if they come through I will be very happy. Of course they will nail me for a few hundern cause they will find this and that. With what I have spent on this machine already I would be real happy to get running right for a few hundren. Thanks Y'all for your great posts. I will keep you informed as to the results.

Ric
I can't spellllll but 2+2=5

PS my dealer is A-1 mower he is also the dist. for Fla. and parts of Texas also I think some of Canada. Pro Power Equip.
If you Know Fred and Mary then ............
Old 11-02-2001, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Y'all

I am a HAPPY CAMPER a real HAPPY CAMPER. My dealer called me about an hour ago and said " we are replaceing both hydros and final drives at no cost to you." I told my dealer thank and while the mower is in the shop to go stem to stern and check and fix everything. Like I said before, if it cost me a couple hundren to get this mower running like it should I will be OK.

I promised Dinner on me to you fellows and the offer is still good only you have to come to S.W. Fla. to collect. My many thanks for the help you all haven given me. I have been very happy with Walkers over the years. However the the 1999 model has had its share of problems hopefully this will solve that. The nice thing about Walkers is they are jig made and any good welding shop can fix the frame. (had it happen) Also they can be rebuilt easily and for about $1200.00 to $1400 you can drop in a long block with a two year free replacement. I find it is cheaper in the long run to replace engines, than to rebuilt them.

I will post again in about two of three weeks and tell y'all how the 1999 is performing. Thanks again for the help.

Ric
I can't spellll but 2+2=5
Old 11-02-2001, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

This is where these forums are worth a fortune. You may want to send Chuck a christmas present.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent, glad the dealer came through for you.

i'll be down in the spring to collect, is there any room down there for any competition? JK

Unless there are any good boat jobs!!!

I would love to get back down south!!!

Good Luck!!!
Dave
Old 11-02-2001, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks y'all

Darin & Dave send me you adresss via private mail.

Dave a good man can make it anywhere. A lot of butchers here, but a good man with some knowledge can make it. Only thing that is bad is the lowballer. I wished I could get the prices you all get up north. Wages are much lower here, but then so is the cost of living. The Green Industry is a 10 billion $ industry state wide. To make any money you have to have pesticide and or Irrigation Lic. Pesticide lic. is hard to get. Irrigation lic can be hard to get depending on county you are in. Both lic require that you work some one with a lic. in the state of Fla. for 3 years.

As for boats We have some of the best fishing in the country and the worlds highest paying fishing tourment. However I think you could make more money repairing boats than sailing them.

Come on down and take a look. send me a private e-mail and I will give you my 800 # so I can answer your question in person.

Ric
I cann't spellll but 2+2=5
Old 11-10-2001, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi y'all

I am a HAPPY CAMPER

I got the mower out of the shop and have used it. Boy what a difference. I am a happy camper it runs great. They went over the mower and check it out. Changed the belts, replaced the chute off the deck. and made some minor adjustment to name a few. My cost was a reasonable $ 181.xx I signed the invoice and drove out the door. Thank guys I own you all.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.