Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-14-2008, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

anyone from Utah slc county area?

Just had some questions for anyone from the area???????

Absolute Total Lawn Care and Landscape LLC.
" WE ARE THE COMPETITION "

2007 DODGE 2500 (CUMMINGS)
2007 DIXIE CHOPPER 44''
2000 Exmark Viking 36"
2002 Honda's 21'' (2)
2000 Shindaiwa trimmers (3), Shindaiwa Blower
Old 01-15-2008, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome,

Yes, we are.

The house in your sig line, is it in Sandy?

We are actually located in Saratoga Springs, but we started in the Sandy/Draper area and still have a large portion of our clients there.

What all do you do, and what areas do you service?

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 01-15-2008, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

alright!!!!!!!!!

Hey nice to see some fellow utahns on here! I service mostly draper, riverton and South Jordan. But I am trying to get more accounts in from 45th south to 126th south and from bangerter to wasatch blvd. I have to many houses spread out and the travel is killin me. I do mostly lawn maint. But do landscaping, sprinklers, but I have been doing more grading and leveling, prep and dirt work the last couple seasons. This year I am just going to try to do the lawn accounts and do more delivering of dirt and sod, mulch. Did a ton of that last year and made alot of easy money! How about your self? What all do you guys do and where do you service? Oh the house is in Murray. The Murray bluffs area right off of winchester and just west of the jordan river.

2007 DIXIE CHOPPER 44''
2000 Exmark Viking 36"
2002 Honda's 21'' (2)
Old 01-15-2008, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

We do mostly fert and squirt, but we also do weekly maintenance. We're not real big, 2 trucks, one for spraying, one for aerating and mowing. What do you use for leveling and dirt delivery?

-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Member

i usually barrow a friends

bobcat and his dump truck. He never uses it so he lets me use it but I had to rent a bobcat a couple times. But that was a pain. So I am thinking about buying a used skid steer. But I use a 7x14 dump trailer to deliver top soil and mulch.thats been a better money maker for me than the lawns and all I got to do is drive. So I am tring to get my mowing accounts the same area day to day so by 2:00 - 3:00 pm Im done mowing and then I would do a couple deliveries after or do the skid steer work after. You looking for more lawns in saratoga springs or in eagle mtn? I have a few out there and its really not worth my time to do the 4 houses I have out there. But I cant say no to people! So If your interested let me know. I' ll be more than happy to let somebody else take those accounts. Two are $50/ cut and the other 2 are $60. All about the same size but the 2 that are $60 there is a little more curbing so a little more to edge with the crbing they have around the flower beds. They are all good accounts pay every month with in a week of getting their bill. U probably could get them to do the fertilization also. Stewarts was doing all 4.any ways let me know.

2007 DIXIE CHOPPER 44''
2000 Exmark Viking 36"
2002 Honda's 21'' (2)
Old 01-15-2008, 03:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys its nice to meet some neighbors. I' work in Weber and North Davis counties.
Seeya around
Old 01-15-2008, 03:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcutah View Post
bobcat and his dump truck. He never uses it so he lets me use it but I had to rent a bobcat a couple times. But that was a pain. So I am thinking about buying a used skid steer. But I use a 7x14 dump trailer to deliver top soil and mulch.thats been a better money maker for me than the lawns and all I got to do is drive. So I am tring to get my mowing accounts the same area day to day so by 2:00 - 3:00 pm Im done mowing and then I would do a couple deliveries after or do the skid steer work after. You looking for more lawns in saratoga springs or in eagle mtn? I have a few out there and its really not worth my time to do the 4 houses I have out there. But I cant say no to people! So If your interested let me know. I' ll be more than happy to let somebody else take those accounts. Two are $50/ cut and the other 2 are $60. All about the same size but the 2 that are $60 there is a little more curbing so a little more to edge with the crbing they have around the flower beds. They are all good accounts pay every month with in a week of getting their bill. U probably could get them to do the fertilization also. Stewarts was doing all 4.any ways let me know.
I have a whole day in SS and Eagle Mtn. So that would be a good fit. I try hard not to go north of 70th south, I may be able to throw some your way, if you are looking to add. You don't have enough posts to send/receive private messages yet, but you can click on the link in my sig. line at the bottom, it will take you to my web-site and you can contact me from there.

-Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-15-2008, 04:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahGrassBust View Post
Hey guys its nice to meet some neighbors. I' work in Weber and North Davis counties.
Seeya around
Hi UtahGrassBust,
a lot of nice neighborhoods going in over there in Davis/Weber county. Been at this business long?

-Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Joe (LawnTamer) looks like a couple of fellow Utahans have shown up, it's been a couple of years since the last one was on these boards.

Our business resides in Draper and we service mostly the Sandy/Draper area but we also have routes that service Riverton/Bluffdale/South Jordan & Murray/Holladay area. We typically service from 45th south to the point of the mountain, the Suncrest area is about as far south as we currently service.

We currently operate two maintenance crews and provide weekly lawn maintenance, fertilizing, weed control, aerating, sprinkler repair, snow removal and Christmas lighting.

AtlcUtah......your profile says you've been in business for 30 years, not sure i've ever seen you guys around, do you run more then one crew and are your vehicles marked?

Also Lawn Tamer and myself get together each year for lunch just before the season starts to talk shop, if anyone else would be interested in showing up you would be more then welcome.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells View Post
Hey Joe (LawnTamer) looks like a couple of fellow Utahans have shown up, it's been a couple of years since the last one was on these boards.

Our business resides in Draper and we service mostly the Sandy/Draper area but we also have routes that service Riverton/Bluffdale/South Jordan & Murray/Holladay area. We typically service from 45th south to the point of the mountain, the Suncrest area is about as far south as we currently service.

We currently operate two maintenance crews and provide weekly lawn maintenance, fertilizing, weed control, aerating, sprinkler repair, snow removal and Christmas lighting.

AtlcUtah......your profile says you've been in business for 30 years, not sure i've ever seen you guys around, do you run more then one crew and are your vehicles marked?

Also Lawn Tamer and myself get together each year for lunch just before the season starts to talk shop, if anyone else would be interested in showing up you would be more then welcome.
Brett,
That reminds me Fyshsticker and I were talking and he says he wants to get together.... we'll see if he remembers this time
Bet it was nice coming home from the cruise to snow and cold. I know I froze my butt off after a 11 days in Israel.

-Thomas Jefferson