Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUTURFGEEK View Post
Eliminate lo is actually one of the only broadleaf weed controls that actually is labled correctly for a magnum.
Are the active ingredients in Three-Way and Eliminate Lo
about the same? Is something else in eliminate that makes
it better to use in the Perma Green then Three-Way?
Old 01-20-2008, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
The label recommends that it be applied in 40-80 gals of water per acre. As you read further it says it can be applied in 1-5 gals /1000. I can't speak for the PG magnum as my PG is an Ultra. Mine has an 8 gal tank that sprays 32k or 4k/gal. I believe the magnum is about the same...not sure. At the beginning of the label it states "It is against Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it's labeling." Therefore, technically making it illegal to spray out of a PG...at least my PG Ultra. It sucks because Trimec 992 has the same % active ingredients and has no such stipulations on the volume of water used. I just use the Trimec 992. It makes absolutely no sense at all to me, but I guess if someone wanted to nail you to a cross for it, they could!

I ended up looking at the label last night because this really threw me off. Nowhere does it say you can't use a PG. There are no products that I am aware of that are illegal to spray with certain equipment that I know of!

It does recommend using 40-80 gallons/acre in the comments for best control but that is a CYA statment, but if you look at Gly it tells you to use 20 gallon/acre for best results, and I use 5 gal/ac.

When looking at the label as far as application....you just need to make sure you use the AI as inteneded and at the correct rate/area.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott's Lawn Maintenance View Post
Is anyone using their Pg or synergy sprayers for anything other
then post emergent herbicides, such as pre-m's, insecticides or
fungicides? If you are what kind of results have you received.
We spray insecticides with our perma green with great results...
Old 01-20-2008, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
I ended up looking at the label last night because this really threw me off. Nowhere does it say you can't use a PG. There are no products that I am aware of that are illegal to spray with certain equipment that I know of!

It does recommend using 40-80 gallons/acre in the comments for best control but that is a CYA statment, but if you look at Gly it tells you to use 20 gallon/acre for best results, and I use 5 gal/ac.

When looking at the label as far as application....you just need to make sure you use the AI as inteneded and at the correct rate/area.
There ar some equipment that have been excluded for use with some herbicides. Crop dusters, using irrigation equipment for broadcasting certain herbicides,etc... I am not a lawyer. All I know is what I read on the label. All I want to do is try to cover my a$$.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Rodney,
Thanks for the PM. I could be totally off base. I guess labels to an extent are open to interpretation by the individual. What kind of Pre emergence do you use in your PG? Do you spray or apply granular bonded with pre-emergence
Old 01-20-2008, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
There ar some equipment that have been excluded for use with some herbicides. Crop dusters, using irrigation equipment for broadcasting certain herbicides,etc... I am not a lawyer. All I know is what I read on the label. All I want to do is try to cover my a$$.

You are correct that there are some products that can't be applied by certain equipment such as crop dusters and irriagation....but they would be stated on the label if they weren't supposed to be used..

I was talking about they will not specify what equipment can and can't be used (ride-on etc).

My point is that nowhere on the label does it say I can't apply with a "PG" or use the product with low volume.

It label just states "Under normal application use 40-80 gallon of water pre acre or 1-2 gallon/1000 sq ft"

That isn't a must...it is just a recommendation under the comments.

I see where you are coming from , but I am sure we are all fine for using it in a PG!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will have a post tomorrow proving that I am correct on what I said b4 about low volume spraying directly from the pa dept of ag. no further comment until then so your'e still welcome to talk trash until then I think it's funny because theres so much I could say to rip you apart at times and I keep my mouth shut
Old 01-20-2008, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post

Nowhere on that label does it go down to that volume and on Lo it does that's all I said %$^%^&^
Old 01-20-2008, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Look guys...I wasn't trying to start an argument. I read it as a label instruction not a "It is suggested that you" or a "It works best if you" type thing. I haven't seen a whole lot of response from what I said so I get the feeling there are quite a few who are unsure.To each their own...
Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Rodney,
Thanks for the PM. I could be totally off base. I guess labels to an extent are open to interpretation by the individual. What kind of Pre emergence do you use in your PG? Do you spray or apply granular bonded with pre-emergence

Labels are just that! As long as you follow the "rules" you are fine! They can't print everything on there! If they say you must do something then you must. But it if doesn't say something then it is definilty left to interpretation!

I will make a phone call tomorrow and find out!

I have been using 19-0-6 Dimension...but when I use liquid I have used Pre M.