Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2001, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For HGTV? It's on one of the above posts on this thread.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys ,i just sent them a e-mail an the link to this thread ....Hope they enjoy! I know i hate bad publicity!10$per k or i won't do it .an i think that is cheap!
Old 10-30-2001, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well they got one from me now too.

LGF:blob1:
Old 10-30-2001, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I tried to explain to them the damage they can do to this industry from stupid info they put out.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

TLS You have a good Point!!!!! I don't realy advertise aeration just every year someone I did last year calls and I bump the price up $5 and they still want the service. I am part timer. My full time job is mailman[anthrax delivery device] and this time of year starts our xmas season . Our mail volume picks up and its all I can do to keep up with both jobs so I'm lucky to finish servicing the customers I have. True brown is so bad in my area that I am hoping to get my liscence for fert aps this winter. I'm aware that I can apply fert without a lisc. but not pesticides. But you made your point I should charge more!!!! I'm not a low baller by any streatch of the imagination . I'm in a position of handeling as many lawns as I can without hiring more people so when someone new asks me I give them a big price and If they say yes I find the time to cut them. Then I try and loose one of the crappy lawns. Not by doing a bad job but putting up with less bs from the customer hoping they will get someone else.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, This is the reply i got from hgtv...As follows Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding HGTV. Your comments are very important to us, and we will forward your e-mail to the programming department to review the information. Thank you for contacting us, and we hope you continue to watch Home & Garden Television.

Have a good day!
Viewer Services

Please continue to visit our web site for up-to-date programming information, upcoming specials, sweepstakes, and special offers in the HGTV Store. Be sure to sign up for our HGTV Ideas Newsletter at http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/about/newsl...,2182,,FF.html It's absolutely free and full of featured highlights for the home and garden enthusiast. Plus, you will be the first to hear about special insider news available only to our subscribers. Imagine what you can do, online!

Does this answer ANY THING!!!!! NOT! Hope ypours was better than mine. I didn't stop there . I replyed More to come...I hope!
Old 11-03-2001, 06:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The following is the email response I got. Doesn't really say much.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding "Gardening By The Yard." Your comments and concerns are
very important to us. We will forward your e-mail to the programming department and the
production company that films this series to review the information from this episode. Thank you
for contacting us, and we hope you continue to enjoy Home & Garden Television.

Have a good day!
Viewer Services
Old 11-03-2001, 10:23 AM
Banned

Hey Hoss, just so you know, it wasn't the Gardening by the Yard show. That's the one with the wacky guy named Paul. That guy's entertaining!

I'm not sure what the show was that I saw. I caught it in the middle and didn't stay until the end. I just know it was on the HGTV channnel.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

i'm with kutnkru on this

35-40 1000sq ft sounds closer to realistic for me, if somebody tells me that hgtv says it should be 35-40 bucks let them do it. its funny how everybody can tell you what it should cost, but can they or will they do it, thats what i thought. and yes there will be some scrub with a el cheapo turf scratcher that will propably do it, those customers would be just as well off to take there 35-40 bucks and throw it in the yard, some people don't have a clue.

keith
Old 11-03-2001, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gogetter, I didn't mention any show to them. They came back with that response, not me. I didn't know what show it was.