Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-23-2008, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Complaint Re: spray hose

Last year, our office received a complaint from a customer's 'next door neighbor'. She complained that her 'kids' were "interfered with" by our spray hose while we treated our customer's lawn. This was "a new one" for us???

What happened was, once we pulled out our hose to treat a lawn, it attracted the curioisity of the kids next door. These kids then took it upon theirselves to ride their bicycles over our spray hose on the sidewalk while we were treating our customer's property.

I was the person doing the application, and I never thought anything of it -- even though I really prefer the public NOT to drive over our spray hoses. Especially if if it is intentional.

Turns out, these kids were "home-schooled".

Their mother was a renter who was behind on her rent, and shortly after was forced to move out because she was way behind on her rent.

I later discovered that this woman did not work, and she relied on WELFARE to her existance.

Anybody else run into situations like this? Thanks RSCVP americanlawn
Old 01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I always tell people to call the number on the side of the truck, i was once hydroseeding on a sunday morning because the buikder was closing on Mon morning. The engine kept cutting out while i was out back. I finally came running and found a man standing there all pissed off. I asked if he shut my machine off, he said yes its sunday. I said well I have a full load to shoot and i can apprecikate that you dont want noise on a sunday but it is 1:00 pm, and i need to get the job done. He said he was going to keep shutting it off, it ended with a verbal exchange and I told him if he touched my machine again I would make him eat a fistfull of fibermulch, he called the cops, I denied the phsical threat, he admitted turning the machine off, the cop was on my side. I got it done. Anothe rtime I was hydroseeding a condo complex , the hose has a metal ribbon on the walls and cost $600 for 200 ft this guy drove right over it and kinked it, i came running thinking i had a clog, so now i have a crushed line, its hot out and th eload is going to get hot fast. I had to roll up the hose go to a plumbing store buy a hacksaw,a screw driver and clamps plus the insert coupling. Down time close to 2 hours I was pissed.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Our state law allows pedestrians (ie: lawn applicators) the right of way over bicyclists, but I guess if I were on WELFARE, I would resort to anything I could so I could continue to live off the sweat of others....NOT!!!!

Keep in mind that wounded soldiers as well as fellow Americans with disabilities, etc are not included. Americans who actually deserve MY MONEY are welcome to it, but in this case.........the woman was able to work, but she chose not to. THAT'S when I draw the line!

God bless fellow Patriots who actually deserve my help. I'll give whatever I can! And I always have.

It poisons my heart when "others" choose to feed off my back of hard-working Americans who rely upon O.P.M. (other people's money)
Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well once I was winding up the hose and it got stuck. I went to see what the problem was--tangled up with a chain and a dog.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Well once I was winding up the hose and it got stuck. I went to see what the problem was--tangled up with a chain and a dog.
so was there a puppy hanging off the side of the truck lol
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 01-24-2008, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

C'mon American....Does this thread make any sense but to rag on welfare people? How did you know she was behind on rent and needed welfare? No one's calling to complain about kids running over your hose....
Old 01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe this makes no sense to you, but it does for me.

Maybe I should not have mentioned welfare. Sorry if it offended you.

Answers to your questions:

1) Our customer lives right next door to this property. He is my source regarding his tenant's activities. BTW he owns the house.

2) I thought she was behind on rent because the owner told me so. He also explained to me that this lady chose not to work for a living cuz she could make more money living off welfare.

3) How did I know she "needed" welfare? I did not know this because this was untrue. She did not need it if she chose to work for a living.

4) No one's calling to complain? I agree. Cuz this event happened about three years ago. Actually, the cops showed up while we STILL THERE! The cops promptly told the lady to keep her kids off the neighbor's property.

I can't resist here regarding welfare, cuz I think that triggered a hot button on your part. My company donates thousands of dollars each year to a Children's Home. Kids have no choice in how they benefit in life or enjoy it. Adults who are physically capable truly have a choice.

You see...........I was adopted when I was two. Taken away from an abusive home.

NattyLawn -----Seems you have criticized my posts on several ocassions. I have NEVER done this to you. My hope is that fellow members "read between the lines" here to see for themselves............have a nice day

QUOTE=NattyLawn;2113769]C'mon American....Does this thread make any sense but to rag on welfare people? How did you know she was behind on rent and needed welfare? No one's calling to complain about kids running over your hose....[/QUOTE]