Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2008, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone experience using Shindaiwa C4 equipments

Anyone have use Shindaiwa C4 equipments commercially over period of time? Can you give opinion on how reliable they are. How does it compare to Stihl 4Mix in reliability and maintenance?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungman View Post
Anyone have use Shindaiwa C4 equipments commercially over period of time? Can you give opinion on how reliable they are. How does it compare to Stihl 4Mix in reliability and maintenance?
We have a Shindaiwa dealer here and Shindy seems to be well thought of, but I got all Stihl, and can't tell you any more than that.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ray View Post
We have a Shindaiwa dealer here and Shindy seems to be well thought of, but I got all Stihl, and can't tell you any more than that.
I think people are raving about the original 2 cycle T260 And T272. I really have not hear much about the C4. I see land scaper all use the Red Shindis. The Original 2 cycle ones better be good. They have the weight to show for it!!!! They are heavy for their specifications!!
Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys!!! This post has been posted for 2 days and nobody really answer!!!!

Nobody even own one to even make a comments??!! I didn't expect that.

That is not a good sign, should I change my heading to "Anyone own a C4 equipment!!"
Old 01-27-2008, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I wanted the 8510 blower and my dealer wanted about 550 bux even after an instant 50 bux rebate....Stihl and Redmax were much more economical......so I bought something else. I cant/wont say there are not good but they dont seem to have the share of the market as other equipment

wayne

Old 01-27-2008, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass_cuttin_fool View Post
I wanted the 8510 blower and my dealer wanted about 550 bux even after an instant 50 bux rebate....Stihl and Redmax were much more economical......so I bought something else. I cant/wont say there are not good but they dont seem to have the share of the market as other equipment

wayne
Yes, They are about the most expensive cc to cc!!! The T272 is only 26 or 27 cc, it is selling for $429!!!! The Redmax BCZ3000S on sale for $329, bigger engine and just as good name. Echo SRM260 is only less than 2cc smaller and is $299. The trimmer is heavy too 14.7lb. As heavy as the Honda 35cc and Honda is only $359.

They better be good for the kind of weight and money. No body use T3410!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

i have run a shindaiwa m2510 c4 trimmer for two years and i like it better than the normal 2 strokes it seems to have a little more power than the normal 2 strokes, and not as many things go wrong with the c4's
Old 01-27-2008, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslawncare View Post
i have run a shindaiwa m2510 c4 trimmer for two years and i like it better than the normal 2 strokes it seems to have a little more power than the normal 2 strokes, and not as many things go wrong with the c4's
Thanks
It's about time someone actually use one!!! Do you have to do valve adjustment and decarbon? I have the EB3410 blower, seems to be very particular on what oil to put in. It only idle smooth with Echo Power Blend. Don't even like it's own brand, Shindaiwa One!!!! After 2 hours runing, I took the muffler out and definitely have black carbon in the exhaust port and the muffler. The Echo hedge trimmer, when I open the muffler, it was clean!!!!

I am not particularly impressed with the C4. I just want to hear from others.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungman View Post
Guys!!! This post has been posted for 2 days and nobody really answer!!!!
That is not a good sign, should I change my heading to "Anyone own a C4 equipment!!"
In our market Echo is the top seller then comes Stihl and Shinduwa is a very very distant third. Since the T270 series I think they must have blown out for some reason.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
In our market Echo is the top seller then comes Stihl and Shinduwa is a very very distant third. Since the T270 series I think they must have blown out for some reason.
And at that, people still buying only the 2 cycle equipments. I wish Echo make a handheld 30cc blower!!!!, all theirs are so small it's cute!!!

Why is T270 so popular? the motor is just slightly bigger than the SRM260 and is so heavy. As heavy as Honda HHT35S. I like the Echo motor, so easy to open up. I don't know whats wrong to my HC151 that don't quite trim. Since last time you responded, I follow the instruction and redo the tightening of all the bolts to make sure it is correct, don't help. I remove the stiffener already. The motor is great. It is strong. Even when I adjust the bolt too tight and the blade stuck. The motor still rev up while the clutch slip.

Thanks