Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Little Wonder Bed Shaper

Does anyone have a Little Wonder Bed Shaper? I have been to two shows in the last week and have noticed this machine at both. It claims to edge up to 100 feet per minute. Traditional hand edging is only 4 feet per minute. I really like the way the numbers work out... but how about the machine? Thanks a million.

Ben Moretta
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the turfteq sidewinder, which has a blade just like the little wonder, but also has a bed opener, which is a monster at doing new beds, or those that are very bad out of shape. I LOVE using mine, it is so fun, and fast, altho I never go full tilt, does about 60 to 70 feet a minute. Again, it was a lot of bucks but I LOVE USING IT!!! www.turfteq.com
Old 01-30-2008, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use a little wonder bed shaper with the 14hp kaw. ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! I'll never use another machine again! If i were to buy another edger, it would be the same thing, but as an attachment for my Walkers! Emmett Equipment will get some of these on trade once in a while. He just had one that was really nice for only $1600! I paid $2800 for mine one year old used, and it was some of the best money I ever spent on equipment when it comes to making a return! It paid for itself in less than 2 months! Yes, it CAN edge at up to 100' per minute, but thats after you get used to using it with decent conditions. Expect probably 70-80' per minute when you first start out until you get used to knowing where the blade is while you are running it, especially if you are making a lot of curves or going over tree roots etc. Definately get an extra blade or two just in case you grab some concrete or something that could maybe screw up the one thats on there.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

how deep does the little wonder dig? I need to go 5.5" for our edging. We have a bed scaper edger right now and i am not really thrilled about it.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the little wonder should hit 5.5". I usually keep mine around 4" unless for some reason we need to go shallower due to a lot of roots or possible utilities and sprinklers
Old 02-02-2008, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Again, the Turfteq is like the little wonder, only with more options. Go check out the demos on their site. I use the blade that is like the Little wonder, and indeed love it, but I use the bed OPENER a lot more. At nearly 5000 bucks you have to decide if that is worth it for you though. It definately was for me. www.turfteq.com Oh, and you can get a large broom, and a power rake attachment also!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Grass View Post
Again, the Turfteq is like the little wonder, only with more options. Go check out the demos on their site. I use the blade that is like the Little wonder, and indeed love it, but I use the bed OPENER a lot more. At nearly 5000 bucks you have to decide if that is worth it for you though. It definately was for me. www.turfteq.com Oh, and you can get a large broom, and a power rake attachment also!
how much do the attachments run though? It seems to me you can buy a little wonder, a stand alone power rake, and probably an aerator for the same amount of money you would spend on one of those turfteq's and it's attachments, or maybe even less??? I'm not knocking that machine, so please don't take it that way, especially since I've never used one, just kinda knocking the price. JMO though
Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceLandscape View Post
I use a little wonder bed shaper with the 14hp kaw. ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! I'll never use another machine again! If i were to buy another edger, it would be the same thing, but as an attachment for my Walkers! Emmett Equipment will get some of these on trade once in a while. He just had one that was really nice for only $1600! I paid $2800 for mine one year old used, and it was some of the best money I ever spent on equipment when it comes to making a return! It paid for itself in less than 2 months! Yes, it CAN edge at up to 100' per minute, but thats after you get used to using it with decent conditions. Expect probably 70-80' per minute when you first start out until you get used to knowing where the blade is while you are running it, especially if you are making a lot of curves or going over tree roots etc. Definately get an extra blade or two just in case you grab some concrete or something that could maybe screw up the one thats on there.

SpruceLandscape where is Emmett Equipment at? I have a guy that gave me a quote for a brand new one for $2700. I had other shops quote me and they all came back with $3300 or $3200. Thanks.

BEN MORETTA
Old 02-03-2008, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Emmett Equipment is on State Rt. 303 in Richfield. They are just east of Rt. 21 by about 2 miles.
A brand new machine for 2700 is a REALLY good price provided it has the 13hp or 14hp engine. Stay clear of the ones with anything less because they really do tend to be underpowered since it has hydro drives.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I just picked up a lightly used bedshaper. I have rented these units in the past and I think that they work pretty well. New to the forum here, but I have a question about what rates y'all charge for edging? can ya give me a ball park?