Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The dealers price for the 13 kawasaki unit is about 2,805 for the briggs it's 2,550. Let the dealer have a 10% gross profit and you will have a fair price.

Have used one unitf or 4 yrs now and it is a true winner. Be sure you have enough work to justify the capital outlay!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

im thinking about getting one in the spring and have a few questions for owners/users of them. im in CT, its alot of rock up here. how do they do in rocky conditions and around large and small roots?? what, if any, problems have you had, mechanical and or physically using it?? how do the blades hold up, do they bend easy??? any other comments appriecitated. thanks mark

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 02-12-2008, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same questions as daricek. I came back from the dealer today and he wanted $4k for the kawi engine bed shaper. Anyone know any dealers in nj or pa that have them cheaper?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

4K for a bedshaper is crazy. You can do a search on little wonder website to find dealers ($2600-3300 depending on engine, BS. Kaw, or Honda). Check out Mendham garden Center (NJ), Frank Rymon & Son's Washington NJ, Krock's in nazareth PA, V&C Accessories in Emmaus PA (they had the best prices for Bedshapers).

Regarding questions about capacity - I can only describe bedshapers- they work very well and are self propelled, but they are one dimensional (bed edge only). Blade is designed to hop over roots and rocks. Blade lasts pretty long and is inexpensive compared to the Brown.

The Brown you have to pull (is a little less $) and will go thru anything. Blades are not cheap. You have a bit more flexibility with the brown (trenching blades etc, but they cost you. They can not cut as sharp a turn as the bedshaper.

Hope this helps

Last edited by drtydeed; 02-12-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

You can do a search on little wonder website (http://littlewonder.com/si-dealer_loc.asp) to find dealers. Check out Mendham garden Center (NJ), Frank Rymon & Son's Washington NJ, Krock's in nazareth PA, V&C Accessories in Emmaus PA (they had the best prices for Bedshapers).

Regarding questions about capacity - I can only describe bedshapers- they work very well and are self propelled, but they are one dimensional (bed edge only). Blade is designed to hop over roots and rocks. Blade lasts pretty long and is inexpensive compared to the Brown.

The Brown you have to pull (is a little less $) and will go thru anything. Blades are not cheap. You have a bit more flexibility with the brown (trenching blades etc, but they cost you. They can not cut as sharp a turn as the bedshaper.

Hope this helps
Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'll try calling around, $4k sounded really high to me I though they were around $3000-3200.