Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2002, 05:52 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
I agree with john

I do exactly like he does and start adding stabil just before the end of the season.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I use Stabil in everything. As a matter of fact my Grasshoppers came with Stabil in the tank from the factory.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 01-09-2002, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also use stabil for all of my equipment and it starts up in the spring after a cold winter like I had used it everyday in the year.It's a great product. Inever knew that echo and stihl mix had stabilizer in it. Hey G & S Landscaping, what part of cleveland are you from? Just wondering?
Old 01-26-2002, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I live in Minnesota, and I use Stabil for all my lawn mowing equipment. I also put Stabil in my boat gas tank at the end of the year. I have never had a problem.

Follow the directions on the label!!

Jerry
Old 01-27-2002, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I used to run my equipment out of gas then put them up. Had problems with getting them to start in the spring. I think the gaskets or something like that inside the carb would dry out and shrink over a 3 month period. I now use sillverstreak gas preserve in all my equipment before i put them up for winter. I tried storing my pump engine with gas but i forgot the preserve. Last spring that carb had a varnish all inside of it. I cleaned it out but it still won't idle.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My solution is to use Amsoil 100:1 synthetic oil in the mix, fresh 87 oc gas, stabil mixed per the label (rhymes too) and I fog out the carbs on all of the 2 cycle equipment.

Absolutely no fuel problems in the spring and they all start in 2 or 3 pulls. It works for me.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Sta-Bil is the best stuff since sliced bread. Be sure and run it enough to bring it into the carburetor. ( you'll smell it) After years of removing , disassembling and cleaning carbs on my buddies motorcycles, snowmobiles, lawn mowers etc. I now hand out 32 oz. bottles of Sta-Bil like stocking stuffers at Christmas. It's easier for me in the end. My 100 H.P. Mercury outboard just lit up after 2 yrs. of storage. Started in 10 seconds, ran gangbusters. Todays reformulated (oxygenated) fuels degrade much faster than yesteryears.