Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2001, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

more leaves than lawn

i did this small yard(my smallest) a week ago and there were hardly any leaves on it. last time i think there was one full green bucket(60 or 50 gallon one) full but i mulched them with the doubles on my toro 36. there wasnt much wind or rain it just seemed all the leaves from the tree fell. heres the before pic
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2001, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

during

heres during, it dont look like much but the pile is actually about 3-4 feet high. i found the billygoat to work quite well on it, but it stopped moving leaves quickly when the pile was about 6 feet tall. the hand controlled discharge worked very well.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2001, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice pics, good job. Looks like a silver maple there in the back. I've got some jobs with those. One is by the ocean and the wind takes all the leaves out to sea. Another is a larger turf area so I can just mulch them. When I was in forestry we took down alot of these big old trees for road hazards. One neighborhood had 'em up and down both sides of the street. Not no more! A real nice shade tree but they drop a lot of branches and the limbs get hollow.
Old 11-01-2001, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks like a lot of my accounts around now. its leaf season. not much ya can do, just keep cleaning em up.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like an easy mulch lawn.

Sometimes its better to mulch and mow the lawn, run the blower over, mulch again, then toss the 5 gal pail of shreddings in the truck if you pile em up first you just cause a big headache, in my experience.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's alot of leaves for such a tight area! The first pic reminds me of one of those really advanced "expert" jigsaw puzzles. Could you just see that picture in about 5000 pieces?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

maybe not pieces but 50,000 leaves. i am getting paid well i think, i get $15 for the mow and then $75 to blow out the back bushes and haul all the leaves away. i am making a box on my 12 ft trailer which i hope will do the trick. ps i dumb for free but it is about 20-30 min drive each way, but next to my lesco dealer where i need to go anyway. i know people say for accurate job pricing you need to figure costs gas etc. i am just asking all of you how much you would charge for the job. my equipment was 2 stihl 400, 420 backpacks, billygoat 10hsp and rakes. thanks guys
Old 11-01-2001, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I would be charging much more than 15 for a mow and 75 for the leaves. How long did it take you? I think I would charge at LEAST 100 bucks.

SEMPER FI
Old 11-01-2001, 11:45 PM

I would get at least 100.00 to do the cleanup plus another 50.00 to get ride of the leaves and 30.00 to cut the lawn. Just a little trick, when the leave piles get decent sized we get out the mower and push the bulk of the leaves instead of messing around with rakes and tarps.
Old 11-03-2001, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with the green guy, but I use the JRCO leaf plow-It's only effective on very large piles.

SEMPER FI