Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2001, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

leaf collection for a stander

Has anyone tried/seen the leaf collection system for the Stander? I just saw it online, but couldn't get any details. I am looking for a manufacturer, price, dimensions, etc.

It looks cool, two barrels somehow mounted to the front of the machine with an impeller mounted on the right side.

SEMPER FI
Old 11-01-2001, 10:46 PM
Banned

Where did you see a 2 barrel design at? I know Trac-Vac makes one for the Stander, but I think it's just one barrel.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I mounted a Trac Vac unit on my 61" Stander last year, but decided to go with double blades and metal side bag this year. The engine sticking out on the side and big 44 gallon can blocking view were an annoyance. My Trac Vac unit had origonally been on a 44" Toro walkbehind. I would try double blades and the metal grass gobbler side bag before spending $1,500 on a bagging unit. I'm using 6 gator blades on my 61" Stander.......and a good dust mask!

Old 11-02-2001, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

www.trac-vac.com
Old 11-02-2001, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

The grass gobler attaches right to the frame from the factory on the Wright Standers. Add a leaf gobbler and you have like 10 cubic feet. As big as many collection systems on riders that cost over a grand and have more maintenance. I don't see how the trac vack could be any better. It costs a lot more, requires installation and has more things to break and maintain. It may not even be any bigger.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:28 PM
Banned

Mrplow, reduction is the key with the Trac Vac. It isn't just a bag, it shreds the leaves to reduce the volume. Very important if you're going to bag them I'd say. But it is expensive stuff.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Put double blades on that Stander and double cut the lawn. If that didn't shred them up enough, do a 3rd pass with the gobbler on (or put it on for the second pass) and it will look beautiful. The last pass with the catcher on will have much less leaves than normally hauled away also. I have the Leaf Gobbler also and this method is a lot quicker, cheaper & easier than vacuuming leaves.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I saw the leaf collection system by using yahoo and typing in "wright stander leaf collection". It brought up Allen Lawnmower in MA. The system is 1299-. I think I am going to go with the leaf gobbler extension for the jumbo gobbler I am using.

SEMPER FI
Old 11-03-2001, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I know there are plenty of links on how to mount double blades, but can I just stack two sets, or is there more to it?

SEMPER FI
Old 11-03-2001, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm running double gators on my 61" Stander. I just take one spacer from bottom of spindle. No special brackets, just eyeball 90 degree ( x pattern ) and tighten the blades down. IF your spindles have gotten out of alignment, ie bent or moved, the blades may wack each other. If this happens grind a little off the ends of the blades. You'll need to check air filter often due to dust of pulverised leaves. Hope this helps.