Register free!

Old 02-10-2008, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Member

dimension for crabgrass

I use Aquacap for my crabgrass control. I was wondering if I would get better control by using Dimension? I know it cost quite a bit more but is it worth it? If so at what rate do you recommend I put out at? When should I put it out and how long of coverage will it give me? I will be mixing it in a 200gal tank.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelawn View Post
I use Aquacap for my crabgrass control. I was wondering if I would get better control by using Dimension? I know it cost quite a bit more but is it worth it? If so at what rate do you recommend I put out at? When should I put it out and how long of coverage will it give me? I will be mixing it in a 200gal tank.

Thanks
Get ready..... take cover........ you might get attacked and accused of not haveing a licence, hot heads do that hear. Try doing a search......
Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

The first question is ARE U LISCENSED? just kidding
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, I do have my license. The reason I ask was because I use the Aquacap and it does not seem to expensive. The dimension seems to be a lot more expensive. Just wanting to know if it was that much better.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I use drive..........
Old 02-10-2008, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshskis View Post
I use drive..........
Apples to oranges here. Drive is a post emergent herbicide. Dimension & Aquacap are pre emergent herbicides. ARE YOU LICENSED ESHSKIS?????? J/K
Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

We use dimension here, get good contral. Kills crabgrass up to the second stage, so we use it up to about mid-june.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelawn View Post

Thanks
If you have a license then WHY do you have to ask? You didn't learn about all this in classes or studying?? I could answer your question easily by researching subject with goog.. .http://www.lebturf.com/index.cfm?fus...=1407&typeid=7
Exmark 31 hp lazer 72" /w/ ultravac QDS
Exmark 48" Turf Tracer
Kubota with 60" Aeravator
10+13 hp Little wonder blowers
Shindaiwa and Stihl Trimmers + Blowers
CAT 303 C CR ASV RC50 + attachments
Solo Except When Absolutely Necessary
Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLS View Post
If you have a license then WHY do you have to ask? You didn't learn about all this in classes or studying?? I could answer your question easily by researching subject with goog.. .http://www.lebturf.com/index.cfm?fus...=1407&typeid=7
So I guess if you have a question about a chemical you have not used, then that means "YOU MUST NOT HAVE A LICENSE" What is this site for. I assumed it was a place to ask people with experience a question and get some good feed back. I thought this was like doing research. FYI I do have a license. As for the comments about " LICENSE,CLASSES, AND STUDYING" I was not looking for any smart ass comments. But I guess its easy to be a smart ass over the Internet and over 1000 miles away!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLS View Post
this is rididulous and completely unneeded.

xtreme, you are right, people on this site often get defensive for no reason. But, there are so many good guys that i keep finding my way back, year after year.

Honestly, your crabgrass control is probably going to be quite a bit better with dimension or barricade than with aquacap. I believe there is quite a bit of university research out there to support that. However, the difference in control may not warrant the price difference in your situation.

Here, in NW Arkansas, I use Prodiamine in the spring for crabgrass control and tank mix Simazine for short term broadleaf preemergence control. I feel that the Prodiamine (barricade) is just as effective as the Dimension and less expensive. There are generics out there that give good control as well. This year I am using Prodiamine 65WG.