Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2008, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cat 305cr And Bobcat 337 Prices!

Hey Guys I Got The Chance To Demo Both Of Them Out Finally Got Some Quotes After Going Back And Fourth With Both Dealers

Cat Wants 61,000 For There Machine. Comes With Heat And Ac.radio,back Up Alarm And Horn.

Bobcat Wants 56,000. Comes With Heat And Ac, Keyless Ignition,horn, No Radio Or Back Up Alarm.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's not too far off of a deal, even if it's an apples to oranges/tail swing to near zero tail swing. Cat would be the better deal, resale would still be higher in 2 years and the Cat's pins and bushings would still be tight after 2 years (depending on how much of a grease nut you are)

Cat would move more material with a 42" clean up and most likely it will be cheaper on fuel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 02-10-2008, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yeah ron there both real good machines tommorow ill acually be putting them up side by side and have 2 operators or myself in one and we will be digging side by side doing alot of diff stuff.. cat is basically saying there trying to break all the white in my yard lol so they gave a good price and there saying they will try and come down a little more to come even closer to bobcats price... butttttt bobcat is giving me a 2000 hr bumper to bumprer warranty and a 3 year powertrain.. cat is not
Old 02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cat's don't need the extra warranty, but don't make a decision until you try a Komatsu PC50, they have 2 boom options, swing boom OR conventional side boom with parallel offset, that is really nice for loading trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

yeah i heard about it but the bobcat and cat dealers are real close so im just going to stick with one of them. im happy with the performance of both
Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What about thumb and Quick Coupler? How do the two compare in bucket breakout and lift capacity? CAT does not need warranty? Your kidding right? Sounds like BC is willing to stand behind their machine. The zero tail would be my option but I guess your used to conv. tailed machines. If you have a TK a dealer in your area I would compare the TB153 to these two machines.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
What about thumb and Quick Coupler? How do the two compare in bucket breakout and lift capacity? CAT does not need warranty? Your kidding right? Sounds like BC is willing to stand behind their machine. The zero tail would be my option but I guess your used to conv. tailed machines. If you have a TK a dealer in your area I would compare the TB153 to these two machines.
they both have quick coupler ksss. they dont have thumbs im acually trying to see if one of them will throw it in on the deal. cat has more break out force and lift. cat is giving me the 1 year warranty bumper to bumper bobcat is giving me 2 years bumper to bumper which is great!! bobcat is standing behind there machine all the way and it is a very nice machine. i really like the zero tail as well
Old 02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
they both have quick coupler ksss. they dont have thumbs im acually trying to see if one of them will throw it in on the deal. cat has more break out force and lift. cat is giving me the 1 year warranty bumper to bumper bobcat is giving me 2 years bumper to bumper which is great!! bobcat is standing behind there machine all the way and it is a very nice machine. i really like the zero tail as well

I had a quote on a 305C CR loaded with thumb and coupler and angle blade, and four buckets 12' 24' 30', 50 inch clean out. I cant remember exactly what the number was and I think I threw away the quote but it was like 67K if I remember right. If the CAT specs better, is zero tail, and you get negeotiate the thumb and a matching bumper to bumper warranty it would be hard not to go that way. Although I doubt they will go that far. They would not do that here.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I had a quote on a 305C CR loaded with thumb and coupler and angle blade. I cant remember exactly what the number was and I think I threw away the quote but it was like 67K if I remember right. If the CAT specs better, is zero tail, and you get negeotiate the thumb and a matching bumper to bumper warranty it would be hard not to go that way. Although I doubt they will go that far. They would not do that here.
there not matching the warranty which makes me wonder, but i do think they will throw in the thumb to get me to close to the deal. i dont think my bobcat salesman is going to throw the thumb in. hard choice to make do you have any ideas on what i can tell these guys ksss?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
there not matching the warranty which makes me wonder, but i do think they will throw in the thumb to get me to close to the deal. i dont think my bobcat salesman is going to throw the thumb in. hard choice to make do you have any ideas on what i can tell these guys ksss?
I talked to a heavy equipment cat salesman last week and talked about extended warranties, he push's extended on dozer but not on excavators, claims there a waste of money...now if your the guy that breaks it's a different story, but my take is that on a catastrophic failure, they would stand behind it anyways, not chiseled in stone but unless its obivious abuse I would hope any of the big companies would stand behind there equipment( within a reasonable amount of time)...I don't argue that a warranty in hand wouldn't be nice but not a deal breaker if I liked the machine...