Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

liquid fence for moles

Anyone have opinions, experience, suggestions on this product? Does it only work to repel and not get rid of current moles on properties? How often do you have to apply (on average because i know these type of products need to be applied more if it is raining)?

What about mosquito barrier?

These type of products can be applied without any specific license correct?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am not familiar with the formulations on their product but castor oil is typically used to get moles to go away. It doesn't kill them they just don't like the smell and move to another yard

Garlic oil is generally used as a mosquito repellent, some say it works some say it doesn't.
It does attract Italians though

I would think that the state would consider it a pesticide if you claim that it is. In some states if you spray water you have to be licensed as an applicator, also if you are a professional and are charging for the service you need to be licensed. It varies by state so you will have to call them
Old 02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
I am not familiar with the formulations on their product but castor oil is typically used to get moles to go away. It doesn't kill them they just don't like the smell and move to another yard

Garlic oil is generally used as a mosquito repellent, some say it works some say it doesn't.
It does attract Italians though

I would think that the state would consider it a pesticide if you claim that it is. In some states if you spray water you have to be licensed as an applicator, also if you are a professional and are charging for the service you need to be licensed. It varies by state so you will have to call them
Attracts Italians huh? I spit on my computer screen when i read that from a sudden burst of laughter.

This is how the product works they say:

"You simply apply the product to the yard or area then saturate the ground with a garden hose or sprinkler system. This in turn helps to push the product into the ground. It then coats the earthworm, grubs and other bugs that the moles eat making it a bad food source and causing the moles to go elsewhere."

Doesn't sound like castor oil. Doesn't sound like it would keep them away very long either in my opinion, but was hoping someone has tried it or used it in the past. Anyone?