Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Fine. Then don't let me waste any more of your time with this article that you find to be invaluable or not useful to you. I am not going to sit here all day and spend all my time explaining the value of this article to everyone. If you don't like it, cool. I could care less.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Fine. Then don't let me waste any more of your time with this article that you find to be invaluable or not useful to you. I am not going to sit here all day and spend all my time explaining the value of this article to everyone. If you don't like it, cool. I could care less.
i merely pointed out that the article which you posted a link to has it's share of flaws based on today's market, to which you have not offered up a valid argument other than saying if you don't like it, i could care less.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf'n'Turf View Post
i merely pointed out that the article which you posted a link to has it's share of flaws based on today's market, to which you have not offered up a valid argument other than saying if you don't like it, i could care less.
You got it! You're right. I didn't offer up any argument. Because I don't care to argue about it. That's what I am trying to explain to you. There's no sense arguing with someone who's already convinced of his opinion. Mr. Carnegie said it best, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." So we could argue about the merits of this article for days on end and I could come up with all sorts of reasons why I believe the article is valid and applies to today's market but it is not going to matter! Your opinion about it isn't likely to change. You obviously don't see any value in it. And I will have wasted my time, like I am doing now.....

Again. I am not interested in arguing about the article. It's here. Everyone on lawnsite can take it and use it or leave it. I don't care which one you do.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon
Old 02-11-2008, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jim thanks, I didn't even know about the magazine so I subscribed. Every bit of info that could help me with building business is worth taking a look.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Great selling tool.

I wonder if there is a certain dollar amount or percentage that if you exceed you will not get back at resale.

I see some of the hardscaping patios on here that costs upwards of 50k and I wonder if that can be recouped.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
Great selling tool.

I wonder if there is a certain dollar amount or percentage that if you exceed you will not get back at resale.

I see some of the hardscaping patios on here that costs upwards of 50k and I wonder if that can be recouped.
depends on what you are interested in recovering their are huge dynamics to this recovering cost or recovering price their are differences. exceptional landscaping and improved curb appeal sells a home faster. It is just common sense to improve the curb appeal for a sale. But recovering massive landscape construction cost is a huge risk and rarely is recoverd. Recovering basic land and yard improvements is a given.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Jim- Thanks for the heads up on the article. I missed it when I looked at the mag.

Us Lewis's have to stand together sometimes and this is one of those times. YES CURB APPEAL DOES MAKE A DIFFERANCE, PERIOD AND FOR THOSE WHO THINK NOT WELL YOU WOULD MAKE IT IN MY MARKET PLACE. SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD LIKE TO US THE INFO DO SO FOR THOSE WHO THINK ITS A WASTE OF TIME DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

L. LEWIS
Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnbutch View Post
Jim- Thanks for the heads up on the article. I missed it when I looked at the mag.

Us Lewis's have to stand together sometimes and this is one of those times. YES CURB APPEAL DOES MAKE A DIFFERANCE, PERIOD AND FOR THOSE WHO THINK NOT WELL YOU WOULD MAKE IT IN MY MARKET PLACE. SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD LIKE TO US THE INFO DO SO FOR THOSE WHO THINK ITS A WASTE OF TIME DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

L. LEWIS
Why are you so angry? who are you shouting at and who posted/said Improving curb appeal doesn't have any value. I don't remember reading anything to that effect on this thred

Although the article does not entirely reflect current and actual real estate trends it nonetheless does not need defending it is just a article thats all it is and it does have it's value but getting emotional over it is not necessary. Only a total mental defective fool would beleive improveing curb appeal has no value.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshskis View Post
That article is a big fat dripping smelling bag of boo shiet. Kitchens and bath rooms along with master suites and media centers sell homes not landscaping. Real Estate is my hobby....
"Only a total mental defective fool would beleive improveing curb appeal has no value."

Things that make you go hmmm....

Politician

Split personality

Drug Addict

Total Mental Defective Fool

You decide
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

OMG where in that quote of mine says improveing curb appeal has no value.