Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2000, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey everybody, looks like things are getting a little out of hand, Larryaurence has gotten to me a few times so I can't say much but............those that defend him are turning against those that don't, thus creating this turbulence we seem to be experiencing.<p>The recent posts(including mine) have been geared toward getting a rise out of an impotent person, he will not rise to the occasion so 1 bad apple is screwing up the whole bunch(forum). <p>His recent reply concerning our wives helping out was just another way to stir the pot and I should have excercised some restraint. Old school thinking is to keep your wife barefoot and pregnant, been there done that, as a result I have 3 beautiful children.<p>I feel it's time to move forward here and get on with the business of sharing information in a civilized fashion. If Larryaurence wishes to contribute fine, if he does it in a Larryaurece way then so be it. Everybody else to date has passed info on in a very professional manner, which is why I find this forum so interesting. I don't condone personally attacking someone and threataning to send homosexuals to someones house and can understand being pissed off about that, but as a collective group we should be able to get along and consider Larryaurence merely a flat tire, or a broken belt, just an irritating inconvenience that comes and goes, disruptive sure, but something we all face from time to time and get over.<p>I was sincere when I asked him to give me his take on per customer revenue. I would have liked to hear a reply, apparently thats not his style and I guess I'll go elsewhere to find answers to my questions.<p>This is a valuable tool for people just starting out and I really wouldn't want it to become a vehicle for people to vent their anger against each other.<p>I hereby announce that my sensativity level is on an extremely low level. Fire away Larraurence!<p>Homer
Old 02-14-2000, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Heres my take on revenue per customer:<p>I do cleanups, mowing, hedges, snow, subcontracting of larger jobs that are beyond my expertise. If I cannot gross $800 annually minimum from a customer I will drop them, unless they are a big referral source then Ill keep them on.<p>What works for one may not necessarily be ideal for another. Find what amount is comfortable for you. I have found that the lower grossing customers are usually not a high profit account either, be it location, odd shaped lot, etc.<p>Bill