Register free!

View Poll Results: Which machines (not hand-held) do you use the most? Please choose your top FOUR:
tiller 3 75.00%
edger 2 50.00%
chipper shredder 1 25.00%
walk behind blower 2 50.00%
other-more choices on next posting 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i was going to say, think it'd run my vermeer bc1000? I think it's a neat concept, great for homeowners but seldom do I need a chipper and pressure washer on the same job
Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I will give my 2 cents on the other side of the coin here. I think it's a GREAT idea! Frankly, for homeowners, or for even small "professional" guys it would save from having several engines just sitting around and rotting.

I, for one, have a power slicer, pressure washer, and snow blower, and potentially a rototiller as well, that could all share the same engine. None get used at the same time and all just SIT for months and months at a time with no use. Each gets used during a certian time of the year, other than the pressure washer that I may use once a month if it's lucky, and then only in the warm months.

Now, granted, my snowblower now wouldn't not work for this kind of set-up, but others may. Problem is, any peice of equipment you buy will come with an engine. Unless you want to buy something WITH the engine and remove it before you ever run it and sell it on Ebay or something I can't see how you would end up being money ahead there. An engine that sits unused for many months can get gummed up and possibly not start when needed. Something like this would somewhat assure you that at least you know that the engine has fresh fuel and has been ran on a routine basis.

No, I don't see any need for something like this in a hard-core commercial application. Just like the split shaft 'combination' handheld machines it's not practicle for those that use the machines multiple times per day to be switching things back and forth all the time. For solo guys like me... I have many engines that SIT, unused, for 11 months a year.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

to answer some questions...

Hello Folks--

Thanks for your feedback! Click to our website to see pics and the video and a lot more information including FAQ's--it's a rapid change engine mounting system that allows an engine to be swapped between machines in 17 seconds. "Powershifter dot us" is the place.

This system is installed at the manufacturer level, so machines that are "compatible" with the system (and engines too) will be sold separately. Modifying a machine is not something you have to mess with, no worries.

By just owning and running the engines you need, you service (and purchase) fewer engines. When one fails, you swap it immediately (and work on the failed one later.)

The machines shown on the website are small, residential units. We realize that professional grade machines are the ones of interest, here.

Does this clarify, somewhat?

I appreciate your comments--hope to hear from you again. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No use for commercial application.