Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2000, 07:33 AM
jeffclc

I too have seen the Lesco products at Home depot. I did not check the prices of the fertilizer, but on some of the grass seed, it was about the same as I pay at the store. I did not check the dates on the bag of seed, but will next time I see it there.<p>In talking with out local Lesco rep about the fertilizers at HD, he told me that they were of a lower quality than those that can be bought in the service center. He said that most had only limited slow release fertilizer. <p>I guess that some homwowners have seen/heard the Lesco name, and figure that it is the same professional products that we use. This is a trend nowadays, putting a premium name on a consumer grade product, not only in this industry, but in others as well. Look at Scotts mowers. Scotts is a premium name, but their mowers are not top of the line. <p>If you buy the material from HD, who are you going to turn to if you need technical assistance? What are you going to do if there is a problem with one of the products? I know that I can go down to the local Lesco and get help if I need it. Those guys really know their stuff, where the kid at HD usually only knows that the stuff is $9.99/bag.<p>I have a friend that is in the construction business, and has been for many many years. HE knowd the ins and outs of construction and materials. He hates any of the home centers. He knows for a fact that they buy lumber seconds and cut out the bad sections, and sell you the rest of the board. <p>I still go to the home centers for items not related to lawn work. I do buy a few lawn items there, especially in a pinch.<p>BTW How did we get from Husqvarna Vs. Toro to Lesco products at Home Depot???