Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2008, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What about leasing mowers?

I ran into a guy 14yrs ago that leased a lesco mower. Can you lease mowers in general? What about other equipment? I know it's a 100% wright off. Are there any leasing companies for the green industry?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don;t know anything about there being a leasing company, but after you pay lease payments for 24 or 36months, how much are you really gonna save over financing a piece of equipment for the same ammount of time? Then at the end YOU OWN IT, its not money thrown out the window. This is comign from someone who would never lease a car, just my two cents on leasaing equipment!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not really sure how much money could be saved? I'm just looking for some different options. My wife does lease a Town and Country van and it works great for us.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Some larger companies like to lease for tax reasons. I do not know about other states but here in Texas you have to list all equip. that is used for your company { trucks, trailers, handhelds and even tools} and add up the total cost. You have to pay taxes on this price at the same tax rate as your home. If you lease your equip the lease company has to pay the taxes. Can you say write offs.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I never heard of any lease programs for mowers... maybe big equip. like skid steers and tractors. Keep an eye on the offers for financing, because spring is coming they will probably have some good programs.. i know Exmark has some good programs like 120 a month for 24 months and others like that.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Most lease programs I've seen for mowers are geared towards schools and golf courses, and on equipment that costs $30,000++ for one mower (like a WAM).

I think if you search around you *might* find a company that will offer lease programs for smaller purchace amounts, but I'm sure it would be very much in their favor.

Honestly, I like the idea of leasing. At least for my main big mower. I rarely keep one over 2 to 3 years before I trade, and having a lease payment that would be 1/2 that of what I currently pay a month would be nice. I honestly only need to own 2 to 3 years of the 10,000 mower, not the whole thing. And when it's time to trade just simply take it in and drive out a new one, with about the same lease payment.

If you prefer to run mowers longer, then yes, leasing is a bad idea...
Old 02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the local exmark dealer here is one of the largest power equipment dealers in the usa, they offer leasing on the exmarks, I forget how much he quoted me, it seemed pretty cool , they took care of oil changes, blades etc all included in the price. You'll never be without a mower, it if breaks thay give you a similar unit all with less than 1200 hrs on it .

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 02-18-2008, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah we had a company offer us a lease program. We may take them up on it. We could implement it on our tractors, mowers, etc.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Kubota offer some leasing programs, Toro in certain arear and deere too...
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBERS View Post
I ran into a guy 14yrs ago that leased a lesco mower. Can you lease mowers in general? What about other equipment? I know it's a 100% wright off. Are there any leasing companies for the green industry?

I've never done it any other way. I lease my mowers and make 7 payments per yr per my growing season. No winter payments. At the end of the lease I pay $1 and it's mine. The reason I liked this was because I don't have work
Nov - March and don't like the payments during these down months. Plus it's a total write off. Now you may be able to finance through your bank this type of loan, don't know.

Advance Leasing is the one I use.

I would never lease a vehicle for any reason, but works great for mowers.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong