Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

This was done with the Idea Spectrum software. I just got it a couple weeks ago and Like it alot for photo stuff. I know its not much but its something you can compare with. For the money this is the program to buy for photo stuff.I was using Unilocks program but since it wont work with Vista I purchased this. I have not used there Cad yet and probably wont cause I like Dynascape and really donít want to learn another program.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPnTX View Post
AMgreen does the pro version allow you to do the photo type?
as you can see by the previous post, you can do the "picture thing" with the pro version. Like I said, you really can't beat the price - not for what I've found flying around on the internet.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I came across a version of 11.2 from 2005. It was supposed to have a reg. number but turned out to be a crack so I probably can't register it.

I goofed around with some today.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

a subtle change

this is where for me this software is a must have. again i do better with visual aid for design. I won't post anymore pics after this so here's the deal. In the previous pic something was not right. A small change in plant selection makes a dramatic improvement. At least to me and thats what counts because if I'm excited about a design I can sell it.

I will be buying this software.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPnTX View Post
I came across a version of 11.2 from 2005. It was supposed to have a reg. number but turned out to be a crack so I probably can't register it.

I goofed around with some today.
what is this 11.2 you speak of? Did it do the one where you sprayed the grass? It's not the realtime software is it? I've always used the 3D stuff...
Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

it is pro landscape 11.2
Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

that's the one you are going to buy? You must do a lot of design work to justify that kind of expense...
Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It does look nice with the grass done though!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sent this pic yesterday, the guy said he loved it how much? I start the job week after next.

I'm so busy right now I don't have time to sit and draw. Plus as I already mentioned I much better sitting in front of a pc. It comes natural to me, the rest will work itself out.

Plant selection is key. I had to customize a couple of things on that pic. The holly trees are actually two different plany one on top.

Im interested in the database part of it as well.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm wondering what the plants are. It looks really nice, but I don't recall seeing a real planting that looks like this. I'm up in the northeast, so we might not have everything that you have to work with. That is a lot of big heavily flowering plants blooming at the same time.

The danger with these programs is that it is easy to get carried away with the art work and the image takes on a life of its own rather than being a realistic representation of anything that you will actually be able to duplicate on the ground. The more realistic the photo, the more accurately you'll have to back it up with the actual finished landscape. You arm your client with a much greater ability to screw you.

Can you build what is in the picture? If you can, what are the plants? If you can't, what happens when the customer is disappointed and takes you to court using the photo as evidence that they did not get what they paid for?

You don't want to be left not getting paid all of your money, or get called into court. The client will hold up that picture and a picture of the actual landscape and say "I got ripped off". You'll say "whatchoo talkin' about Willis?". And the judge will rule in favor of the client because it won't look like this picture.

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just pointing out that these things might excite people to buy, but a lot of times these sell something that can not be delivered. Then what?

Sketches and plans are clearly abstract representations. It is much easier to acheive the intent of an abstraction than a photo. I think you can get the best of both worlds (that's not trademarked yet, is it?) if you distort your photo image to make it a little bit more of a sketch. There are plenty of softwares out there that do effects like "watercolor, oil paint, pencil sketch, and others. Paint.NET is a feee download that is pretty good. I just ran your mock up in it and did two examples by literally clicking on one tool button and saving.