Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING View Post
Sure, they always wan't to take you out to lunch BEFORE the sale... It's what happens AFTER they get your money that counts!
I hear ya, and that is VERY TRUE....but I also have their seeder and aerator.

Again, just like buying fert or whatever else.... I think it comes back to building relationships!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
I was not saying that directed towards you at all! I am just saying that one has to know where to stop as customer service is a COST and you have to make sure that the COST is "worth it".

Can't say that you are or are not a PITA customer or not as I dont' know you.

Why was you wanting Turfco to visit you anyway?

Here are the questions:
Do they have a great line of products ? YES
Do they support their products? YES
Do they need to go to everyones place of business everytime they call? Maybe sometimes....but I doubt it!
Does it make them a bad company if they don't show up everytime the customer wants them to? NO

Let the Lawn Site Panel a.k.a. "THE JURY" see if you had a legitimate reason for them to come see you.

I think Turfco is a great company and I actually have lunch plans with Tim on Wednesday of next week.

He just e-mailed me out of the blue last week and said he was going to be in the area and wanted to meet for lunch.

He didn't have to do that, but I think that is GREAT customer service if you ask me!

Just like us in our business....Turfco can't always make everyone happy I guess!
*sigh*
LIKE I ALREADY SAID...tturfco is the cats meow, nice equipment, well built and built to last...thats why i purchase their equipment.
DO WE UNDERSTAND THAT PART SO FAR??????

I NEVER ASKED THEM to come VISIT ME. PERIOD ,NEVER ASKED! I purchased two turn air aerators over the phone. THEY were great, took my oder, took my credit card # and sent out the machines (of course I paid the shipping cost). This was shortly after I visited with them at a Boston trade show a few years ago (A FEW YEARS AGO, MY GOD GIVE IT UP ALREADY...I AINT THE ONE COMPLAINING...shesh) This Boston show is generally held in FEB (New England Grows) I'm guessing (CUZ ITS BEEN SO FREAKIN LONG AGO) that we got delivery in March? YES, they have a return policy, i thinks it is 14 days...maybe its 30 days I dont really know for sure....WE DONT AERATE until late summer thru the fall. SO THE MACHINES I ORDERED SAT IN THE CORNER FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. When we took them out (if you have seen their flyers or website there is a small blonde haired girl with a ponytail and short shorts operating the machine standing on the sulkie that you can get with it...we didnt gewt the sulki) they do not turn very easily. IN FACT we must man-handle them to take the turn (IF have talked with outhers in our industry that have or at least had the same comments)
The following winter I was back in Boston for the trade show....I stopped at their booth and commented on this situation. THEY said they would have someone call me...and they did, Tim called. Tim offered to come out I NEVER ASKED. Tim made an appointment with me. he called me the day of the appopintment and said he wasnt coming (at fisrt he told me it was besaise logan airport in Boston was closed due to weather...that was FALSE. Later, like a month or 2 he called again this time stating he had another visit that cancelled him so he cancelled me. WTF???? But he did offer to come out...now it was June, maybe July. I said no thanks...we're busy now but an off season visit would be appreciated. Tim called again in Sept (i think it HAS BEEN A LONG TIME) I again said no thanks, we're busy (i didnt need tim to come out HE OFFERED) NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN till a couple of weeks back when I emailed turfco to make an inquiery about a certain piece of equipment that I WANTED TO PURCHASE. They never answered my email and no phone call and no postcard....nothin!
So i came to lawnsite (knowing darn well turfco is a sponsor and monitors this site) I made mention that it sucks that my email wasnt answered.....blah bla blah, do a search the post title was -turfco???-
THATS WHEN TURCO brought up this ANCIENCT FREAKIN HISTORY about the aerators....keep in mind I purchased another piece of equipment last year, even after buying the aerators.
DO I WANT/EXPECT A VISIT from turfco? HECK NO!!! (well yes when i was firsted called, not now)

CAN I PUT A PERIOD ON THIS NOW

there are many turfco cheerleaders in the crowd. THATS GREAT
me? they seem to let me fall thru there cracks (still never got a replay to an email sent in Jan) SO, I AINT NO TURFCO CHEERLEADER. So what????
They are still in business....so am I
the earth still revolves around the sun
the sun will come out tomorrow, you cant bet your bottom dollar....

I know Lawnservice. We worked together seems like a life time ago at chemlawn. I see him at least once a year at some seminar or trade show. He started this thread about customer service not me.
PS...yeah if Tim called me out of the blue and invited me for lunch I'd think he and turfco were # freakin 1 as you do.
I dont get those calls....i dojnt think they are #1....WHY IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

I'm reminded why I stay away from this site
Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Can we say.....OVER REACT
Let it out man!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
Can we say.....OVER REACT
Let it out man!!!!!!
some people like strawberry icecream

i dont

so what????????

i answered your questions hopfully in a manner you will understand
I answered the same questions a few weeks ago. the whole freakin subject bores me to death already

At this point I'll never spend my money on a turfco product again....so who gives a rats behind?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont start many threads

kinda sorry I started this one

hopefully no one else will respond to it and it will end up on page 3 real quick or maybe it will just be deleted?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
some people like strawberry icecream

i dont

so what????????

i answered your questions hopfully in a manner you will understand
I answered the same questions a few weeks ago. the whole freakin subject bores me to death already

At this point I'll never spend my money on a turfco product again....so who gives a rats behind?
TSM,

Sorry to push your buttons!

I wasn't trying to at all.

I was just trying to state two things.

1) Not all customers are "worth" the customer service (not saying you).

2) You can't make EVERY customer happy. Exampl: I love CHEVY....and a lot of my friends HATE them.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

okayyyyy........

rcreech ...you have made yourself perfectly clear

tsm ...you have made yourself perfectly clear

turfcobob ...you have made yourself perfectly clear

seeing as how I started the thread i feel that I should get the LAST WORD

all is clear...lets all move on
(dont make me get the yard stick out of the closet to crack your knuckles with for not behaving)

flying the truce flag

fight the urge tsm and rcreech...seems you guys are very simular in wanting to get the last word. Lets let this one dissapear deep into the archives

peace out
Old 02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi lawnservice -- it was me (not one of my guys). After rereading what I posted, I apologize to you ..... because the language I used was too strong. I also see where you're coming from, and I appreciate your comments on other threads too. I guess what I meant was that when there's a problem with a certain company, it's usually the fault of just one employee. You're right -- I was bitching hard while trying to unload a semi on pure ice, but I have the utmost respect for truckers. Again, I'm sorry I came down so hard on you lawnservice. It was uncalled for. I'll now eat some crow. I hope you accept my apology. Sincerely, Larry.