Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,681
24% of member's comments

Today I checked back two pages regarding a specific member cuz I suspected he had been "tracking" my posts. Results: 24% of his posts were directed at me (personally) in a negative way. This seems like a high percentage considering the number of members who post on this site.

I also checked his percentage of negative vs positive posts overall. Results: 66% positive. 33% negative. This is way more negatives than what my friends post.

Thought you all might find this interesting. Is his behavior out of line? rscvp, thanks
  #2  
Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is online now
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,097
i do not know who you are referring to, (nor do I want to know), but consider it flattery. When anyone ever gave me a hard time, I looked at it this way. I felt flattered that I was able to captivate their interest that much to constantly pay attention to little ole me.
  #3  
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,694
Donít let other people bother you. if I tell you what some people post about me, you wouldnít believe me. And at the end I was the one that got suspended.
  #4  
Old 02-21-2008, 08:05 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,681
Thanks Major & joes. Life's short anyways. I expect more members will respond too (hope so). Good thing, cuz there are a whole lot of good people on this (very fine) site.

Thanks to all in advance. God bless.
  #5  
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
cpel2004's Avatar
cpel2004 cpel2004 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Zone 10b
Posts: 1,416
American Lawn you must have alot of free time on your hands?
  #6  
Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpel2004 View Post
American Lawn you must have alot of free time on your hands?
Wish I did. Why did you say this? Are you in support of "Americans" like this??? BTW I own a service with a customer base of over 3000. Next time, think twice before you "asume". My two cents worth.
  #7  
Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 PM
AmsoilPower AmsoilPower is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, IL
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom View Post
i do not know who you are referring to, (nor do I want to know), but consider it flattery. When anyone ever gave me a hard time, I looked at it this way. I felt flattered that I was able to captivate their interest that much to constantly pay attention to little ole me.
Very well put. This is how I view some of my "fans". They always seem to post in my threads that I have started and always complain about me trying to promote and sell my product. There are not very many really, but usually 1 in every thread.

We live in a very negative society these days. How you deal with it is what shapes you as a person.
  #8  
Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Dirty Water's Avatar
Dirty Water Dirty Water is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Wish I did. Why did you say this? Are you in support of "Americans" like this??? BTW I own a service with a customer base of over 3000. Next time, think twice before you "asume". My two cents worth.
Perhaps if you lightened up, you wouldn't be bothered so much.

Maybe you need a vacation.
  #9  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:02 AM
mag360's Avatar
mag360 mag360 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southeast Pa
Posts: 2,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Wish I did. Why did you say this? Are you in support of "Americans" like this??? BTW I own a service with a customer base of over 3000. Next time, think twice before you "asume". My two cents worth.
I think he was referring to your posts per day average being higher than most---not saying that you are wasting your time in this particular thread.
(unless cpel2004 is your stalker).
  #10  
Old 02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Grassbuster's Avatar
Grassbuster Grassbuster is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Granby, Ct.
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Today I checked back two pages regarding a specific member cuz I suspected he had been "tracking" my posts. Results: 24% of his posts were directed at me (personally) in a negative way. This seems like a high percentage considering the number of members who post on this site.

I also checked his percentage of negative vs positive posts overall. Results: 66% positive. 33% negative. This is way more negatives than what my friends post.

Thought you all might find this interesting. Is his behavior out of line? rscvp, thanks
I will agree with you 100% that it is out of line. People here have nothing better to do than pick apart poeples posts. Not only that I have had people tell me my spelling was wrong... WTF who cares about spelling?? I have had people tell me to lighten up..... well if they don't like what I have to say don't read it right?? Let alone give me negative feed back.... Anyway I agree w/you.
__________________
2006 F350 PSD
2007 Jeep Wrangler X
Kubota B7300
John Deere Gator
Mowers, Trimmers, Trailers
Horses, Cats & Dog
No Help
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.09752 seconds with 7 queries