Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Big C's Avatar
Big C Big C is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gonzales, La.
Posts: 1,594
My flyer....feedback please

This is the flyer I made up at home....simple .......to the point......and free!!!
Your thoughts please
Attached Files
File Type: doc CLARK UNLIMITED FLYER1.doc (28.0 KB, 577 views)
__________________

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
GravelyGuy's Avatar
GravelyGuy GravelyGuy is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,320
Where's the all lawns $20 part?
__________________
-Ryan-
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 AM
GCLC GCLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 32
I think you should spend a little more time on it. Try to find some better pics. They don't really go with what you are saying. It kind of like this:

We can make your lawn look good

(look, a pic of my mower)

we are affordable and professional

(i have a weed eater too)

no contracts, free estimates

(hey, another mower)

I hope I don't sound like a dick, I'm not trying to be. I'd scrap the pics. Maybe use some clipart pics or something. Are you printing these? If so those full color pics will eat up some ink and take longer.

Maybe you could put a sun pic in there, to remind them how hot it is and how much it sucks, and then something green to kind of show what you can do. Just some thoughts. Please keep in mind though that I'm just a plumber and these thoughts may not be worth the time it takes to read them!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2008, 02:40 AM
kootoomootoo's Avatar
kootoomootoo kootoomootoo is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Obama Land.
Posts: 4,374
Terrible..........
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
LawnGuy73's Avatar
LawnGuy73 LawnGuy73 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Scott County, Minnesota
Posts: 1,811
My opinion, I'd say back to the drawing board. Be more creative with it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
echeandia's Avatar
echeandia echeandia is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,131
You have been in business for 20 years with advertising like this? It looks like a 15 year old kid put that thing together.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Big C's Avatar
Big C Big C is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gonzales, La.
Posts: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by echeandia View Post
You have been in business for 20 years with advertising like this? It looks like a 15 year old kid put that thing together.
This is my first year as an actual business.....can you guys give me some ideas ....this is my first time doing flyers...and I don't want to spend a ton of cash on something that potential customers will read, get the info off of it and toss in the garbage.........should I seek a pro to make the flyers for me.....any help would be apperciated......thanks
__________________

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
kootoomootoo's Avatar
kootoomootoo kootoomootoo is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Obama Land.
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
This is my first year as an actual business.....can you guys give me some ideas ....this is my first time doing flyers...and I don't want to spend a ton of cash on something that potential customers will read, get the info off of it and toss in the garbage.........should I seek a pro to make the flyers for me.....any help would be apperciated......thanks
If you cannot afford to pay $100 for a designer you cant afford this......
"2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Big C's Avatar
Big C Big C is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gonzales, La.
Posts: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootoomootoo View Post
If you cannot afford to pay $100 for a designer you cant afford this......
"2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab"
First off....It is not the fact that I cannot "afford" to pay $100 for flyers...I don't see the sense in it. I have a fulltime job that pays 100K-plus (that is to awnser your question about how I can afford the truck that I drive). I do not need this lawn thing at all, My regular job pays all my bills and then some, yes I do enjoy doing lawncare and respect those full timers that work hard for their money but it is not a must for me...so while the other guys are sweating gas prices, weather, lowballers I have the advantage of being able to put my toys away and watch the other guys stress...not bragging just stating my situation and addressing this a$$whole comment!!!
__________________

Chad Clark
225-257-5566
chad@clarkunlimited.com
www.clarkunlimited.com
www.facebook.com/culawns
La. Licensed Landscape Horticulturist
La. Licensed Ornamental & Turf Pesticide Applicator
La. Licensed Irrigation Contractor
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 PM
kootoomootoo's Avatar
kootoomootoo kootoomootoo is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Obama Land.
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
First off....It is not the fact that I cannot "afford" to pay $100 for flyers...I don't see the sense in it. I have a fulltime job that pays 100K-plus (that is to awnser your question about how I can afford the truck that I drive). I do not need this lawn thing at all, My regular job pays all my bills and then some, yes I do enjoy doing lawncare and respect those full timers that work hard for their money but it is not a must for me...so while the other guys are sweating gas prices, weather, lowballers I have the advantage of being able to put my toys away and watch the other guys stress...not bragging just stating my situation and addressing this a$$whole comment!!!
Great...... you done big noting yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.09491 seconds with 8 queries