Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2000, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the rest of you , but I'm growing tired of Lawrence Stone's constant attacks on everyone here seeking help. His latest in the pre-emergent post attack on slager and the rest of us is just too much for me to sit back and take it. Are we going to let this one person disrupt every forum of people truely interested in learning about this business. What have we learned from him? That we are scums of the earth, dogs waiting for table scraps!!!!! What the f$#@ does that have to do with helping people??? It is just a blatent attack on those who don't make rocket scientist work out of our profession. He has stated over and over what losers we are, and he threatens to leave every week but he keeps coming back like a bad penny. I don't want people to feel intimidated by putting up a posting asking a simple question and getting their A$# ripped off. Do we really want that? Younger guys starting off asking for help only to realize that if they don't have a PHD in B.S. they don't belong here. We are all here to learn and share, not to hurt and attack others and their wives and families!! Lawrence Stone has repeatedly avoided all questions asked of him about his illustrious career. He only offers put downs. Why is that? Is he afraid of being treated the same way he treats others? We are what makes up this board. Don't let one person spoil it. I myself am not a dog waiting for table scraps and am offended that he is allowed to talk at others this way!! <br>
Old 02-13-2000, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I am not much of a great lawncare person(but learning)however, due to my 19 years in a factory and 4yrs military,know that Mr. stone is getting excatly what he wants!!(attention)the best thing we can do is just ignore ALL of his meanderings and continue right by him and his posts as they do not exist. he will either get tired of playing or become a productive helper.<br>just my Idea!! thanks
Old 02-13-2000, 10:27 AM

I think sensitivity level is getting too high here. I banter somtimes back and forth with larry, but its not done in anger. My customers throw me more zingers than he does. Life is about learning how to deal with all types of people. Some people you just learn to ignore. Some people you just zing back at and go on. But this stuff about banning everything some people find distasteful should'nt be happening in a free country. It is not healthy to try and sanitise the world. And it is impossible to do so.<br>
Old 02-13-2000, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I sometimes look forward to &quot;Cold <br>Stones&quot; posts. Brings a little flavor to <br>the table after hours of reading and <br>breaks up the routine. I don't think <br>that many of you take him serious and <br>newbies like me will soon realize that.<br>He does get me to chuckle the way he can <br>stir things up but still has some <br>helpful insights,errr..whatever, anyway <br>every Mayberry needs a Barney.
Old 02-13-2000, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For starters, I agree with Dennis. I would, however, like to make the following comment.<p>In our economy, which is a Market Economy, based on Capitalism, there are all types of businesses and business people. If you do not like another person's way of doing business, you do not need to work for or with them, or buy from them. It is not worth being antagonized by any one person, or type of person, because all types exist around you, no matter where your business is. You just may not know it, or have not met these people yet. You can not remove them from business, so why think about removing them from discussions. I am enlightened, and often find other people's view points interesting. If one person's system works well for them, then more power to him/her; furthermore, I would expect them to be proud as a peacock. You may find that some people like their Toros, Dixie Choppers, or Lazers. Fine with me, I don't use any of those machines, but I might one day, and that isn't going to be based upon how each person here conveyed their message. Sure, some people have a harsh way of communicating, but as in life, if you wouldn't talk to that person, then don't do it here, and don't let them get you fired up. Instead, listen to what they say, and think about yourself, and your approach. What can you do to make yourself a better person or business after viewing what other people do. I am fascinated about how other people view the same situations as me, and how they respond diffently to those situations. If you are confident in you abilities, and satisfied with your approach to business, then one man's opinion should NEVER make you falter. Use that person's opinions and lessons to make your foundation stronger!<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider
Old 02-13-2000, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think that making insulting remarks to people of spanish descent, calling people stupid, and comparing other people of our profession scums of the earth is being too sensitive. I myself can take the rips he dishes out and I give it right back to him. Maybe I feel that the silent people who visit our forum that don't come back because of him is unfair to all, not just the tough-skinned. I'm sure that the ones who post for the first time and get ripped for their lack of knowledge will think twice before ever posting again. Is that the way we welcome others to our forum? I'm sorry, I haven't seen &quot;much&quot; constructive advice from him versus the negative. Isn't there a reason why he's been kicked out of forums before???<br>Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-13-2000, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hate to invade the forum again. We have a guy in Maine that thinks he is the best lawn care guy out there. He goes around and makes fun of every other companies equipment and trucks, company names ect. His company is the best, why? All new trucks, all new walkers, all new trimmers blowers ect, fancy uniforms, cell phones. To bad he doesn't own any of that stuff, and runs the rest of the business off of credit cards.<p>Geoff
Old 02-13-2000, 11:05 AM

New people to this &quot;if you can't handle Larry you are going to have a hard time handleing the sometimes crazy public&quot; I had one time an elderly woman tell me that people must think they are better than me because I cut grass for a living. You know elderly people can throw many zingers. I am just saying if you are going to serve the public. You need to learn to have thick skin. Just ignore what you don't like and comment on what you do. Thats what a forum is all about.
Old 02-13-2000, 11:10 AM
imowit

I read everything that is posted in this forum. I try to remember what information might be of use to my business. The rest I ignore. &quot;That's all I have to say about that.&quot;<p>----------<br>Mike's Lawn Service<br>
Old 02-13-2000, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

lbmd1<br>ignore him...<br>take whats valuable and leave the rest.<p>have a great day!<p>----------<br>rick<br>slager
Closed Thread