Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2000, 12:46 PM
Banned

We are in a free country, true. When you break the law, they don't ignore it because you are in a free country. When you abuse other's freedom and impede their success, that isn't a right or freedom granted to U.S. citizens. <p>I banned him from our forum at Delphi and he came back under a different name, much as he has here. He soon ran back here and harassed everyone. <p>He posted a picture of a mentally challenged person saying it was " a fascist forum moderator" whom everyone knew he was implying was me. How would you like to be this handicapped person's father or brother and know the picture was used in this fashion. Do you think "free country" would be in your first sentence you spoke after seeing your son's picture being used to ridicule another? <p>He posted a threat on his forum saying he was going to post my name and city in usenet groups trying to attract gays to my house. Wanna know what they call that in Illinois? Stalking, carries 6-30 years, I believe.<p>Wanna know why he does this? His forum was and is a flop. Nobody to listen to his mouth.<p> He's insulted well over 100 of my guests on the Delphi forum through other posts he placed on his own forum.<p> He's the wannbe he tries to portray everyone else as. Otherwise, why would he have to travel 60 miles one way to service anything, under any circumstances. <p>If you haven't found yourself harassed for the last couple of months by this character, consider yourself lucky. Don't defend his actions.<p>John
Old 02-13-2000, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

What I wonder about is why Chuck puts up with his antics? Is he afraid of reprisals? Or has it just become an economic type of thing where we are just another click on his counter? I don't mean to cast aspersions your way Chuck, but this disruption has been going on to long. Have we become cut-bait for another click? NOW is the time for this to end! If not those that don't want to be attacked and ridiculed because of their stupid question (who heard of a stupid question) here will need to find a place where Lawrence Stone can't attack them. And there are such places! We all started at the bottom and have had to work our way up and antagonistic remarks and verbal attacks aren't teaching - they are destroying self-esteem - which appears to be Larry's game plan. He is evidently an unhappy person and wants others to share in his misery.
Old 02-13-2000, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am a newcomer to this business, but not to life. I have been &quot;lurking&quot; and reading everything I can. I even make notes! I don't mind learning from anyone, as long as the advise makes good business sense, and of course, common sense.<p>I can remember when I was younger I would react as some of the fellows do here, and that is to be expected, isn't it? But the longer I live, the more I understand that it's okay to have all those different opinions. And when I keep my mind open I find that I can even learn some things from those who make me bristle.<p>Sometimes I think there is too much testosterone flowing around here… I know I battle that problem from time to time… doesn't everyone?
Old 02-13-2000, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have found lots of good information in his posts. Some of his attacks, in my opinion, are justified. We're supposed to be professionals, Ive been doing this line of business for a while, I can see thru the smoke some of you guys are blowing up others keesters, I think larry is just clearing the haze for those out there who are not as perceptive. <p>If you dont like what he has to say, pass over his posts, dont go to his forum, otherwise, let the rest of us glean what we want from this forum without censorship. Otherwise all we will have here is discussion about what color trimmer line is the best.<p>Time to start seeing the forest from the trees folks.<p>Bill
Old 02-13-2000, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Hello,<p>Stone, AKA Flint is like a bad rash. If you guys would stop scratching he would go away but since you scratch his itch it gets worse. <p>Ive had it with him. If he makes one more attack or friendly &quot;jab&quot; please email me at chuck@globalreaction.com and I will ban his posts and report him to his ISP. <p>Please Lawrence... keep your posts are a pro level and avoid losing your posting privileges. You have a lot of great feedback and comments but your attacks have to stop.<br>
Old 02-13-2000, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes this is a free country and you have the right of free speech. But this forum is not part of any government so free speech does not apply here. I say if the larry keeps up with his asinine posts than ban him again, and keep him banned until he can be a contributing member of this forum. I have not seem a whole lot of contributing from him except to run us all down.<p>I agree with lbmd1 that larry does keep new members from posting to this board. I don't post a lot because I figure, whats the point, he's just going to call me a dolt, loser or something else. And if I defend myself then a bunch of guys say that if I can't take it I sould leave? BS. He does not answer questions, he makes statements and demands. He is a bully and he needs to be delt with just as I would if he worked in my <br>&quot;pudunk&quot; area.<p>And I am also tired of his personal attacks. <p>jim
Old 02-13-2000, 02:24 PM
Banned

Likestomow-<p>Apparently you missed my previous post. Are threats part of a &lt;b&gt;differing opinion&lt;/b&gt;? My opinion on this subject is different than yours, but I haven't threatened to send unwanted homosexual advances your way as Larry did to me. How about posting pictures representing me as someone other than who I am? I get no value from this. It has negatively affected three forums.&lt;p&gt;Would it be censorship if you were wondering who might show up at your door?<br>&lt;p&gt;<p>Apparently, discussing losing time due to down time with trimmer line isn't important. I lost a bunch of time using aftermarket trimmerline, but thelawnguy doesn't think that warrants mention.&lt;p&gt;John&lt;p&gt;PS You are sometimes as condescending as Larry, Bill. I wonder if you are one and the same person. If you aren't him, you should be insulted to be mistaken for him and watch your smart remarks. By the way, Chuck will correct me if I'm wrong, but this forum is designed for people of all ability levels, not just professionals like yourself. Blow smoke at that.<br>
Old 02-13-2000, 02:32 PM
Banned

While we are on the topic of censorship, let's all of us realize that people are silenced because they don't feel like they are in a friendly environment where it's ok to ask an ignorant question. The difference between ignorance and stupidity is, stupid is forever.&lt;p&gt;John
Old 02-13-2000, 02:48 PM

I was not defending anyone. I agree that threats, slander, racial remarks(in my opinion) have no place in this forum or in this world for that matter. If anyone crosses these lines I would like to think they would be banned. I just havn't witness this kinda behavior for myself. But if you have Retro I can understand your point. But just what do you think gays are going to do when they come to your house? Bake a Cake or something? See how silly that threat is?<br>
Old 02-13-2000, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Bill,<p>Beg to differ with you, I respect you opinion but Lawrence clears up nothing, all he does is roil the water and muddy the issues in his attempts to show his superiority. As far as staying off his forum there is nothing offered there why would one go anyway? Another sign of his inability to deal well with others. Perhaps some masochistic soul will wander there for self satisfaction. And also Bill look over your shoulder that smoke behind you may have been blown up there by none other than Lawrence Stone.<br>
Closed Thread