Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is online now
Sponsor

I'm certain there are people out there who ridicule bark blowers as well. Bark blowers are not for everyone either but just like with the Mulch Mule products for those who have the need it's a timesaver/lifesaver.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force View Post
I'm certain there are people out there who ridicule bark blowers as well. Bark blowers are not for everyone either but just like with the Mulch Mule products for those who have the need it's a timesaver/lifesaver.

Common thing for alot of members is to bash a product that they have no use for. They don't realize that large companies need to lower labor costs and $50,000 is not alot alot of money compared to labor costs.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is online now
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS View Post
Common thing for alot of members is to bash a product that they have no use for. They don't realize that large companies need to lower labor costs and $50,000 is not alot alot of money compared to labor costs.
Wiser words are rarely spoken here.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my labor costs are huge, and i still think this thing is worthless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS View Post
Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Sponsor

That's fine, we are all entitled to our opinions. If you truly want to lower your labor costs, deeply reviewing things that others may dismiss might, or might not, give you insight and ideas. These gleanings of understanding when implemented will leave your competition scratching their heads, wondering how they can get over the very hurdles you've already gotten over. As you well know it takes money to make money.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

im not trying to start an arguement here or anything, just a friendly debate.. but you think this machine is more productive than a mulch blower... im just strictly talking about mulching, not leaf pickup, salting, etc... i do planting,seeding, erosion control on govt projects.. i dont do as much mulching as some of these maintenance guys do w/ condos but i do a fair share on all our new planting... since we are working on rate/union projects my labor rate cost is around $69 an hour so im all for if i can shave a few hours off each job, but i just dont see the machines worth, obviously some do, i dont...

Quote:
That's fine, we are all entitled to our opinions. If you truly want to lower your labor costs, deeply reviewing things that others may dismiss might, or might not, give you insight and ideas. These gleanings of understanding when implemented will leave your competition scratching their heads, wondering how they can get over the very hurdles you've already gotten over. As you well know it takes money to make money.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We are all entitled to our opinions is right..Now, as I preach.... Reviewing others mistakes or extra expenditures may provide valuable insight on how we can overcome the extra hurdles of tempation of technology, that may in fact cost more money, more time, and more aggravation than just attempting the project with known, proven methods. When you can in turn, figure out other ways to save time in labor, without spending 50 GRAND, the competition that did spend 50 GRAND will be left scratching their heads wondering how many jobs they are going to have to do for free to pay for worthless equipment.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Sponsor

Have you seen one of these in action? Have you actually demonstrated one? If not how can you dismiss something as "completely worthless"? Look, I don't even sell these and before we partnered with them with our DL series I didn't see the value. Not wanting to put The Billy Goat name on product that was not durable or quality I reviewed the product in depth. I was impressed with what I saw.

One of the owners of this company is a very large commercial landscaper who has no use for completely worthess equipment. He was looking for a way to reduce his costs. I've seen these in action and they are impressive. They are not for everyone, but for those who want reduce their labor costs they should be at least open to the idea that there are better ways of doing things. Again I don't sell Mulch Mule but I can tell you it is quality and will save man hours.

Feel free to contact them yourself.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If i were in the market for a dump truck I would much rather purchase one of these. because there are unlimited things you can do with it. And you could see that if ya'll would just watch the video. It can be used for hauling, distributing, mulching, leaf pick up, or for dumping. It has a walker floor which means you are not limited to where you can put the stuff. you could pour it under a tree or under a power lline and never have a worry.

"Making Thomasville and surrounding areas more beautiful one yard at a time!"
Old 04-14-2008, 05:38 AM
LawnSite Member

just found this post while researching the mulch mule. I haven't run all of the numbers on it, but the reason I'm interested is because I have waay more mulch work than I can finish in the time i have to do them and this might allow me to fit all of the work i have into the small window i have. I don't think the numbers are that hard to justify. Not only do you save in labor time, but cleanup time and if you're doing larger mulch jobs, you definitely have a reduced number of trips back to the yard to fill up.