Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

new 08 tank and recon

I am in the market for my first ztr and I am looking at the cub commercial, hustler and bobcat- I havent seen a bobcat in person yet but as far as the cub line I was impressed. The tank 48 and even the recon 48 looked a lot better than the hustler line. I know hustler is a respected unit but the tank just looks better built. How about the cut? I would appreciate any input regarding these three mowers- thanks
Old 02-25-2008, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've heard alot of comments about how the Hustler has a good quality cut !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Get the new tank. I just bought a new 2008 48" TANK with a 23 hp kawasaki engine. It is an awsome mower and is built like a tank. I would definatly recommend getting one and right now cub cadet has a special offer on the tank. 0% for 36 months.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 54 tank and no problems at all. I love the tanks, only bad thing I can say is that mine SUCKS at bagging clippings and leaves, but I have got the 3 bagger. Great mowers.

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 02-25-2008, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
I have the 54 tank and no problems at all. I love the tanks, only bad thing I can say is that mine SUCKS at bagging clippings and leaves, but I have got the 3 bagger. Great mowers.
Why does urs suck at collecting clippings?

Matt

2006 Ford F150 Black Ext Cab 4x4 with light bar, back rack, BFG A/T's and tint
6' 9" x 14 foot open Trailer
2008 Exmark Lazer with 50 inch deck, 27 hp kohler command v-twin, ultra vac and ROPS bars
2005 Exmark Lazer CT 48 inch deck with an 18 Hp Kohler Command, ROP'S bar and a Ultra Vac.
Toro Push Behind Mower with a 5 Hp Briggs
Redmax EBZ 8001
Redmax TR 2301 Weed Whip
Echo PB-651 Backpack Blower
This season i plan on buying a enclosed trailer!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From the brands you have mentioned, it sounded like you've been to my local dealer. I checked your location just to see if you were in my neck of the woods, but Iowa's a good ways off. My dealer sells Cub Cadet, Hustler, and Bob-Cat, along with a few other lines like Stihl, Little Wonder, and Billy Goat.

www.tomberlawn.com
Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
I am in the market for my first ztr and I am looking at the cub commercial, hustler and bobcat- I havent seen a bobcat in person yet but as far as the cub line I was impressed. The tank 48 and even the recon 48 looked a lot better than the hustler line. I know hustler is a respected unit but the tank just looks better built. How about the cut? I would appreciate any input regarding these three mowers- thanks

Would you be interested in a Tank M48 with only 400 hours on it? We will let ours go for $3,000 and I am the sole operator of our Tank and it has never been abused. It still looks like new for the most part. Only thing it needs is 2 new rear tires.
It cuts great and is a very nice machine. We just want to get a new 60" this spring so we we wont need the M48 any more.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 02-26-2008, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Would you be interested in a Tank M48 with only 400 hours on it? We will let ours go for $3,000 and I am the sole operator of our Tank and it has never been abused. It still looks like new for the most part. Only thing it needs is 2 new rear tires.
It cuts great and is a very nice machine. We just want to get a new 60" this spring so we we wont need the M48 any more.

What kind of 60 inch are u getting?

Matt

2006 Ford F150 Black Ext Cab 4x4 with light bar, back rack, BFG A/T's and tint
6' 9" x 14 foot open Trailer
2008 Exmark Lazer with 50 inch deck, 27 hp kohler command v-twin, ultra vac and ROPS bars
2005 Exmark Lazer CT 48 inch deck with an 18 Hp Kohler Command, ROP'S bar and a Ultra Vac.
Toro Push Behind Mower with a 5 Hp Briggs
Redmax EBZ 8001
Redmax TR 2301 Weed Whip
Echo PB-651 Backpack Blower
This season i plan on buying a enclosed trailer!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
What hustler line are you comparing the cubs too? IMO the Hustler Z & super-Z looks like a better built mower. Hustlers to me look like they were designed to be simple but strong. You look at a cub tank(from a pic anyway) & it looks way over designed with extra parts and gadgets, levers, bolt on braces. baffles, metal pannels etc. Maybe to look impressive? not to me...it looks overdesigned for the job it has to. I'm sure it cuts fine, i just don't care for that cheesy over designed to "look" impressive look...while the hustler only has what it needs to do the job with...but those are built with thick heavy steel parts in the most efficent way to last years of abuse. This also equals out to be less parts to bend up & break. Iv'e seen hustler Super-Zs that were used(& abused) everyday by a large local district that only had the paint scraped off the deck, everything else...deck,foot lift lever, height adjustments, wheels, seat all looked good. Nothing bent up & nothing rewelded back together. These mowers were driven by inexperienced employees who really could care less about the equipment they were assigned to work with. I'm sure they ran over more junk, & bumped into & scraped more things in 3-4 years than i could do in a lifetime to one. That really IMPRESSED ME. Oh & these were 3+ year old units, that to me was a impressive selling point as to how long they are built to last.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK lawn care View Post
What kind of 60 inch are u getting?

We are looking real hard at John Deere, Lazer with ultracut deck and gravely
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)