Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Want to Buy: Exmark 36" TTHP or Exmark 44" Lazer HP

I'm looking to Buy an Exmark 36" Turf Tracer HP or Exmark 44" Lazer HP.
I'm wanting something with low hours and great condition. I'm in the North Atlanta area and would be willing to look at something within 2 or 3 hours away. Give me a call if you have equipment like this that you want to sell.
770-335-9721

I'm looking to buy this for my son to cut yards with. He will mostly be cutting Bermuda grass, will be mulching, and will have to get through some gates. Lot sizes 1/4-1/2 acre. He will be cutting 10-15 yards a week. If you have any suggestions on which mower would be the best for this job, let me know.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Make sure he has insurance, both liability and commercial auto, or this little venture could cost more than it makes if there's an accident. Crack up with a mower behind your vehicle and they are not going to pay up. Not sure if he's over 18 but you might wind up being the deep pockets someone goes after. win or lose, you still have to have someone pay for the legal defense.

Mowing 10 lawns here you're looking at a net of just $6,000 if you have legit expenses and run it like a business should be, minus whatever you value the vehicle costs at. Without the proper insurance, I'd advise a 21" commercial Toro or other good brand, a blower, and a trimmer in the back of a pickup so your regular auto policy would be more likely to cover an at-fault accident. About 25% of the lawns I see with Bermuda are so small they are best cut with one of those anyway due to uneven ground and the constant turning required on tiny lots.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

why such a small mower? does your customers have alot of fences? If it were me i would go with a 52in Turf Tracer Hp, thats what i got last year, I rarly use my 36 Inch Viking, maybe out of the 50 yards i have i only use it on like 7 of them, other then that im running my 52 and 60 exmarks.To be on the safe side i would go with the 36 inch mower if you need to, just because some of my cleints gates the 36 almost didnt fit through. Best of luck to you

Free Yourself From The Yard
www.crimsonlawncare.com
Old 03-05-2008, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm wanting a smaller size deck to get through gates. The gates are about 45-46" wide, so I want to get a deck between 36-44".