Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the tommy lift we had is a single fold up . you let it down and fold out a single aluminum plateform it is rated at no more then yours and if you use my idea it will ruin the original plate design but it will lift a gate of any size you need . we used 2'' x 2'' x 1/8'' square on 14'' centers with a 1/4'' plate i would guess this would weigh 700 lbs with teh second fold it lifts and it is totally fine we built it 6 years ago and it still lifts 1000s of times a year. on our second gate ,the one that rest on the ground we did it like a standard trailer gate with 5 braces of 2'' 90 deg. 3/16'' thick steel.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Try Wil-ro.They have a good ramp sys for the money.

XW2200,XW2401,2006 XT3300 72 in,2013 Classic 3360;John Deere Gs30 Walkbehind,'85 Chevy 1 ton,03Chevy 3/4 ton,10 ft and 16 ft trailers,Redmax,Honda, and Shindaiwa handhelds
Old 01-30-2010, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Try www.handyramp.com

email me for a video

sales@handyramp.com
Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Handy Ramp owner or salesman

How much $ for handy ramp for my box truck? Ramp looks heavy to put back up/ awkward. I foresee future problems with ramp. The ramp is not very secure at top when put up for transport. This will cause excessive vibration in area of the ramp where ramp is bolted on causing loosend bolts, weakened steel around connection area of ramp or truck. leading to breakage of welds or steel, etc. or other problems. I am sure you can come up with a better design for lawn service trucks. I dont feel your current ramp is efficient for lawn services that do up to 30 lawns per day. I hope you dont take offense towards my analyzations, but rather use them to your advantage. I am looking for strength, longevity, ease of operation. Most lawn help is hard on equipment and will hurt their back opening and closing that ramp 60 times a day.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Wil ro

I did not see a dovetail used or sold for my Isuzu box truck. I dont know if their detachable dovetail will mount on my truck. Cost? I like the bifold manual fold down ramp used on super lawn truck website video. I dont know who manufactures it or sells it. At this point. I would just like a good set of ramp plans to take to a local welder.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank You all for your suggestions, ideas, and help. I appreciate it!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmtservicesofjax View Post
How much $ for handy ramp for my box truck? Ramp looks heavy to put back up/ awkward. I foresee future problems with ramp. The ramp is not very secure at top when put up for transport. This will cause excessive vibration in area of the ramp where ramp is bolted on causing loosend bolts, weakened steel around connection area of ramp or truck. leading to breakage of welds or steel, etc. or other problems. I am sure you can come up with a better design for lawn service trucks. I dont feel your current ramp is efficient for lawn services that do up to 30 lawns per day. I hope you dont take offense towards my analyzations, but rather use them to your advantage. I am looking for strength, longevity, ease of operation. Most lawn help is hard on equipment and will hurt their back opening and closing that ramp 60 times a day.
No offense taken. Our ramps have been on trucks since the late 70's with no issues. It is secured with a 3" x 3" angle and bolted securely to the metal frame behind the door for one model and another model is fastened to the floor for inside storage in place of being behind the door.

The attachment is mounded to the metal side posts for the outside version and to the floor mount for the inside version.

The ramp has springs to assist the lifting and lowering which makes it easy to open and close.

If that gets too much due to you doing it about 60 times per day you can install a winch at the top of the box on the metal frame.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Handy ramp

How much does your ramp cost for box truck?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmtservicesofjax View Post
How much does your ramp cost for box truck?
The cube van ramp is 2,600.00