Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
LOL. Thanks. Long story at Royal,basically the mechanics suck and they keep giving me wrong parts. Its like taking in your blower to get fixed and rain man is the mechanic.
That is exactly what led to me going elsewhere. If they would only fix the problem instead of putting so much effort to make everyone beleive it doesnt exist they would probably have 3 locations by now. The sad part is that they dont need you and your little mower and weedeater. They can pretty much tell you to g o f yourself in the middle of the showroom and they will never notice a difference. It sucks, but its true.

If you need blades, benders has them (ask for scag blades) and they have most of the common engine parts such as filters, ect. Belts and other things you can get at www.j-thomas.com or napa can match up most belts.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm out of spring hill but sold my company. Trying to stick to re-sods and sodding.....i get all my sod out of lake placid, fl. So if anyone wants to make a few bucks and not have to do any work with sod send me a message. I get it all wholesale so I can work with you. Thanks
Old 10-21-2008, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
Perrys Concrete was mowing the lawn? That could be the problem.
Ya, I've just never heard of them & couldn't find them on the web or anything.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by childret View Post
I'm out of spring hill but sold my company. Trying to stick to re-sods and sodding.....i get all my sod out of lake placid, fl. So if anyone wants to make a few bucks and not have to do any work with sod send me a message. I get it all wholesale so I can work with you. Thanks
Would you be willing to come to St. Pete.?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
rain man - I haven't heard that one before! You just gave me a good laugh.

Hey guys, has anyone ever heard of Perry's Concrete? The house 3 doors down from me was foreclosed on & the grass hasn't been cut all year. The grass was about 4-5 feet tall - no kidding. Well, they raked all of clippings (there was a lot of them) onto the street & the driveway, they also piled the trash that was in the yard on the driveway & left. No blowing, no removing trash - they just left. Before they could leave though they had to get their truck started. What I mean is they had to disconnect the trailer, push it, pop the clutch, get it running, back it up, hook the trailer up & leave. They had a rider & 21" & I think that was it. The ramp on their trailer wasn't even a gate, it was car ramps! I'm just wondering how they got this job. By the way, I DIDN'T WANT THIS JOB AT ALL, I'm just curious.
All of the trash is still just sitting there.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys hows life treating you?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's going. How are you doing? I just got a new customer tonight. Gas keeps going down in price. I figured out that with gas going down, I basically just got a few good size accounts by doing nothing (I'll save at least a couple of hundred per month with how much gas has already gone down). It's amazing when I think of it, but when gas first reached as high as it is now (a couple of years ago) I was about flipping out. A decent amount of my accounts I priced higher because gas was higher when I started their accounts & now with gas going lower & lower I'm making more & more than I ever thought I would. So, I guess life is good.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking forward to this more every time I think about it. Tuesday @ 9am I'm picking up a Wright ZK for a demo - a 3 day demo!!! It's a 52" with a 31hp engine, plus it's got a mulching kit on it!!! I can't wait! Their website says it will cut at a max of 14 mph!!! I know, it probably won't cut that well at that speed, but for a crisp cut from my z I'm looking at going 5-7 mph. It's deck is also about 10" wider than my z. I've got a handful of larger properties that I take care of & I want to see how much time it will cut off of those properties. The demo is for an unlimited # of hours & I pick it up Tuesday @ 9am & return it Friday @ 9am. This demo is through Wright. Everyone in this area thinks you're nuts if you want to demo one of their machines - if you do get a demo it's only for about an hour - at least that's my experience.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

kolawns,how did you get hooked up with the demo?keep us posted on the results.i have never operated a Stander!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleankutslawn View Post
kolawns,how did you get hooked up with the demo?keep us posted on the results.i have never operated a Stander!
I've never operated a stander either....I'm REALLY excited!!!! Just go to the Wright website, http://www.wrightmfg.com/, & look at the bottom in the middle. It says like Trade up to a Stander ZK, bring in your MMZ & we'll give you a Stander ZK to try out for three days. I figured MMZ was another one of their products at first so I didn't give it a second thought, but then I started thinking more about their product line & I was very curious what they were talking about. MMZ=Mid Mount ZTR . Hey wait a minute, I have one of those! So, I filled out the form online. Kevin called me the next day from Wright. We set the time & place to pick it up. That was it. I'm really impressed!