Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1031  
Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 AM
South Florida Lawns's Avatar
South Florida Lawns South Florida Lawns is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 4,779
So like after you flip the top piece up and turn it counter clock wise till it stops, it should open, but it does'nt does it? That happens alot to me I kinda gotta twist and almost pry it off mostly on the fs110.

Funny how we nit pick stuff but this stuff all adds up to lost time, stihl should be reading this lol.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 AM
kevinlane's Avatar
kevinlane kevinlane is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
So like after you flip the top piece up and turn it counter clock wise till it stops, it should open, but it does'nt does it? That happens alot to me I kinda gotta twist and almost pry it off mostly on the fs110.

Funny how we nit pick stuff but this stuff all adds up to lost time, stihl should be reading this lol.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
My problem is putting the cap on, it never wants to line up to the grooves. Its not a nitpick, bro. Its a defect, it takes 30 min or more to put the damn cap on. Ridiculous how its designed. Enough said about this issue, I'll just deal with it.
__________________

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 10-30-2008, 01:41 AM
sweetz's Avatar
sweetz sweetz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - Zone 9
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
So like after you flip the top piece up and turn it counter clock wise till it stops, it should open, but it does'nt does it? That happens alot to me I kinda gotta twist and almost pry it off mostly on the fs110.

Funny how we nit pick stuff but this stuff all adds up to lost time, stihl should be reading this lol.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
STIHL should definitely be reading this! Ya, twist till it stops, then pry off with pliers. That's after I open the trailer back up (or climb in) go thru my tool box to find my pliers (it's a big aluminum lockable box - like a truck bed tool box) & get out of the trailer. There's a few minutes each time. That all adds up. It all adds up to the point that I'm thinking of looking at another brand of blower later on & I LOVE the BR600. Same goes for my FC110 edger.
__________________
Greencare for Troops:
http://www.projectevergreen.com/gcft/
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 10-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Bladerunner Inc Bladerunner Inc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Odess, Florida
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
Where is Al's at?
North Dalemabry and Lutz lake fern. phone #949-1384

Last edited by Bladerunner Inc; 10-30-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 PM
sweetz's Avatar
sweetz sweetz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - Zone 9
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner Inc View Post
North Dalemabry and Lutz lake fern.
OK, thanks.
__________________
Greencare for Troops:
http://www.projectevergreen.com/gcft/
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 PM
South Florida Lawns's Avatar
South Florida Lawns South Florida Lawns is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 4,779
okay guys a few have mentioned about Rudy's rentals and well I have never been there but do they rent lawn equipment? I know you can buy stihl there. I was just thinking to myself today about what a convince of having a rental place that caters to just us lawn guys would be.
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 10-30-2008, 11:39 PM
sweetz's Avatar
sweetz sweetz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - Zone 9
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
okay guys a few have mentioned about Rudy's rentals and well I have never been there but do they rent lawn equipment? I know you can buy stihl there. I was just thinking to myself today about what a convince of having a rental place that caters to just us lawn guys would be.
I've rented quite a few things there, some personal, some for business. I've never asked while I was there, but from what I've been told they will do work on Stihl equipment as well. Warranty work & other work.
__________________
Greencare for Troops:
http://www.projectevergreen.com/gcft/
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 10-31-2008, 12:23 AM
lawnman_scott lawnman_scott is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: st pete, FL
Posts: 7,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
okay guys a few have mentioned about Rudy's rentals and well I have never been there but do they rent lawn equipment? I know you can buy stihl there. I was just thinking to myself today about what a convince of having a rental place that caters to just us lawn guys would be.
They rent and they also have parts. The bigger one is in kenneth city, but you would probably go to the one in seminole. The good part about the one in Seminole is that if you need something for the weekend and rent it on a saturday and return in mon morning you dont get charged for sunday because they are closed that day.

On the subject of rentals. Eagle rentals is just north of 580 (main st dunedin) on the frontage rd to us 19. They have a 52inch ztr to rent. They are the only ones I know of that have a rider for rent. I think its a bunton. $145 a day.
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 AM
sweetz's Avatar
sweetz sweetz is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - Zone 9
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
They rent and they also have parts. The bigger one is in kenneth city, but you would probably go to the one in seminole. The good part about the one in Seminole is that if you need something for the weekend and rent it on a saturday and return in mon morning you dont get charged for sunday because they are closed that day.

On the subject of rentals. Eagle rentals is just north of 580 (main st dunedin) on the frontage rd to us 19. They have a 52inch ztr to rent. They are the only ones I know of that have a rider for rent. I think its a bunton. $145 a day.
good to know, do you have the phone # in case I ever need it & about how long does it take to get there from here?
__________________
Greencare for Troops:
http://www.projectevergreen.com/gcft/
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 AM
amor4421's Avatar
amor4421 amor4421 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: riverview,fl
Posts: 189
just want to say hope everyone has a good weekend and hope all is going well.
__________________
42" Hustler mini z
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.08470 seconds with 8 queries