Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So like after you flip the top piece up and turn it counter clock wise till it stops, it should open, but it does'nt does it? That happens alot to me I kinda gotta twist and almost pry it off mostly on the fs110.

Funny how we nit pick stuff but this stuff all adds up to lost time, stihl should be reading this lol.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
So like after you flip the top piece up and turn it counter clock wise till it stops, it should open, but it does'nt does it? That happens alot to me I kinda gotta twist and almost pry it off mostly on the fs110.

Funny how we nit pick stuff but this stuff all adds up to lost time, stihl should be reading this lol.

My problem is putting the cap on, it never wants to line up to the grooves. Its not a nitpick, bro. Its a defect, it takes 30 min or more to put the damn cap on. Ridiculous how its designed. Enough said about this issue, I'll just deal with it.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

STIHL should definitely be reading this! Ya, twist till it stops, then pry off with pliers. That's after I open the trailer back up (or climb in) go thru my tool box to find my pliers (it's a big aluminum lockable box - like a truck bed tool box) & get out of the trailer. There's a few minutes each time. That all adds up. It all adds up to the point that I'm thinking of looking at another brand of blower later on & I LOVE the BR600. Same goes for my FC110 edger.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
Where is Al's at?
North Dalemabry and Lutz lake fern. phone #949-1384

Last edited by Bladerunner Inc; 10-30-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner Inc View Post
North Dalemabry and Lutz lake fern.
OK, thanks.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

okay guys a few have mentioned about Rudy's rentals and well I have never been there but do they rent lawn equipment? I know you can buy stihl there. I was just thinking to myself today about what a convince of having a rental place that caters to just us lawn guys would be.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
okay guys a few have mentioned about Rudy's rentals and well I have never been there but do they rent lawn equipment? I know you can buy stihl there. I was just thinking to myself today about what a convince of having a rental place that caters to just us lawn guys would be.
I've rented quite a few things there, some personal, some for business. I've never asked while I was there, but from what I've been told they will do work on Stihl equipment as well. Warranty work & other work.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
They rent and they also have parts. The bigger one is in kenneth city, but you would probably go to the one in seminole. The good part about the one in Seminole is that if you need something for the weekend and rent it on a saturday and return in mon morning you dont get charged for sunday because they are closed that day.

On the subject of rentals. Eagle rentals is just north of 580 (main st dunedin) on the frontage rd to us 19. They have a 52inch ztr to rent. They are the only ones I know of that have a rider for rent. I think its a bunton. $145 a day.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
They rent and they also have parts. The bigger one is in kenneth city, but you would probably go to the one in seminole. The good part about the one in Seminole is that if you need something for the weekend and rent it on a saturday and return in mon morning you dont get charged for sunday because they are closed that day.

On the subject of rentals. Eagle rentals is just north of 580 (main st dunedin) on the frontage rd to us 19. They have a 52inch ztr to rent. They are the only ones I know of that have a rider for rent. I think its a bunton. $145 a day.
good to know, do you have the phone # in case I ever need it & about how long does it take to get there from here?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Member

just want to say hope everyone has a good weekend and hope all is going well.