Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2008, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amor4421 View Post
just want to say hope everyone has a good weekend and hope all is going well.
same to you my friend
Old 11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the three day demo of the new Wright ZK from Tuesday of this last week until Friday morning of this last week. I had the 52"/31hp. It is an awesome machine! It IS HEAVY. When I would load it in my trailer it would bounce my truck and trailer up/down & front/back! I thought it had a good QOC, but I have talked to a bunch of my customers 1-2 days after I cut their yards with it and they told me "Don't buy that thing!" They say that their yards look much better when I cut them with my other mower (TORO). They told me that the next day their yards looked all uneven, not a flat cut like it should be. I did notice that the lower (about 2.5-3") that I cut, the better it looked. But, with properties that I have that just need to look OK, it would cut those at 14mph (top speed) and the cut looked OK. Overall, if you like standing all day (found out real fast I like my z better) this is a decent machine. It is definitely built well/heavy! It also has a good amount of power. The control levers are alot different also, my hands still hurt from them. My feet are also still killing me from standing all day. The mower can turn on a dime though! I managed to spin it sitting in one place really fast & it didn't even in the least bit make me feel like it was going to throw me off. Then I stopped and almost fell off because I was so dizzy! If I was still in my early twenties (full of piss & vinegar) I think I would have liked this mower better. But a z is the way to go for me. I did notice that I could save 5-10 minutes at most of my accounts using this mower, but then after work I was done for. I just wanted to sit & prop my feet up ALL night long. So in that way it WASN'T more productive. Now remember, this is just me & MY opinion. I also don't like the light colors at all for a mower. They look filthy within 10 minutes of mowing! Darker colors can go a couple of weeks before they look bad (and from a few feet away they still look good). Keep in mind guys that they are offering a three day demo on these for basically anyone with a MMZ. DO IT! Try it out for yourself! Even if you are interested in a different Wright mower they can work out a demo with one of those. That's what Kevin Sidebottom told me. That was the rep from Wright that I dealt with.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
I got the three day demo of the new Wright ZK from Tuesday of this last week until Friday morning of this last week. I had the 52"/31hp. It is an awesome machine! It IS HEAVY. When I would load it in my trailer it would bounce my truck and trailer up/down & front/back! I thought it had a good QOC, but I have talked to a bunch of my customers 1-2 days after I cut their yards with it and they told me "Don't buy that thing!" They say that their yards look much better when I cut them with my other mower (TORO). They told me that the next day their yards looked all uneven, not a flat cut like it should be. I did notice that the lower (about 2.5-3") that I cut, the better it looked. But, with properties that I have that just need to look OK, it would cut those at 14mph (top speed) and the cut looked OK. Overall, if you like standing all day (found out real fast I like my z better) this is a decent machine. It is definitely built well/heavy! It also has a good amount of power. The control levers are alot different also, my hands still hurt from them. My feet are also still killing me from standing all day. The mower can turn on a dime though! I managed to spin it sitting in one place really fast & it didn't even in the least bit make me feel like it was going to throw me off. Then I stopped and almost fell off because I was so dizzy! If I was still in my early twenties (full of piss & vinegar) I think I would have liked this mower better. But a z is the way to go for me. I did notice that I could save 5-10 minutes at most of my accounts using this mower, but then after work I was done for. I just wanted to sit & prop my feet up ALL night long. So in that way it WASN'T more productive. Now remember, this is just me & MY opinion. I also don't like the light colors at all for a mower. They look filthy within 10 minutes of mowing! Darker colors can go a couple of weeks before they look bad (and from a few feet away they still look good). Keep in mind guys that they are offering a three day demo on these for basically anyone with a MMZ. DO IT! Try it out for yourself! Even if you are interested in a different Wright mower they can work out a demo with one of those. That's what Kevin Sidebottom told me. That was the rep from Wright that I dealt with.
thanks for the info
Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well guys how is everyone doing?enjoying the extra time off yet?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleankutslawn View Post
well guys how is everyone doing?enjoying the extra time off yet?
Next week is my first week off. I already have to pressure wash a bunch of driveways, seal one driveway, do a sprinkler repair job & trim hedges/shrubs at a bunch of different places. How are you doing?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

hey guys has anybody switched to every other week for regular mowing? I got this whole week off, its pretty nice. I do have a bunch of mulch jobs and trimming jobs to keep me busy all week long.

Does anyone know of a good steel fabricator? I need a dove-tail/ramp built on the back of a Isuzu box truck. Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
hey guys has anybody switched to every other week for regular mowing? I got this whole week off, its pretty nice. I do have a bunch of mulch jobs and trimming jobs to keep me busy all week long.
I'm taking next week off so that I get Thanksgiving & Christmas off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Does anyone know of a good steel fabricator? I need a dove-tail/ramp built on the back of a Isuzu box truck. Thanks
I'll ask around. If you find one first, let me know who would ya.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Barack has won guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if you're happy or not, but I'm thrilled!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I am gonig to be happy when and if the new president-elect changes as many things as he says he is going to do. I will give him my full support. I hope he can help with the slow paying customers that we all have.(haha) Hope everyone is enjoying this great weather. Klean how are you doing I haven'theard from you in a while.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amor4421 View Post
I am gonig to be happy when and if the new president-elect changes as many things as he says he is going to do. I will give him my full support. I hope he can help with the slow paying customers that we all have.(haha) Hope everyone is enjoying this great weather. Klean how are you doing I haven'theard from you in a while.
It'll take a while for him to change anything, there's not any quick fix.....from ANYBODY! How about the once slow paying customers that just decide to stop paying. They even see you & don't say anything! I'm loving the weather! Ya, Klean, how are you?