Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Heah Kleankuts or anybody work in riverveiw i just got a call from a guy but not my area he asked if i knew anybody , and i asked if it was ok to put his number on the forum 813-986-5959 call tonite
Old 11-05-2008, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys I sure am enjoying this weather and just in time. My main guy has been out all week with a bad tooth. Which worked out great for me (payroll wise ) so I did not do much cutting this week. I am going to try and schedule things so I can have off Thanksgiving day and the day after. I also take off one week for Christmas and New Years. I did keep busy this week with sprinkler work and I installed some landscape timbers for another customer. Nothing wrong with a little extra money especially with my daughters birthday today and Christmas around the corner. I don't know about you guys but this summer was very expensive for me I really need to tighten up over the winter get all my repairs, tires and misc stuff done-before summer hits again
Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It was an EXPENSIVE summer! Question Bladerunner.....How do you take a week off for Xmas & New Years - there both in different weeks. Do you mean you take off mid-week to mid-week? Call me stupid, but......
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
hey guys has anybody switched to every other week for regular mowing? I got this whole week off, its pretty nice. I do have a bunch of mulch jobs and trimming jobs to keep me busy all week long.

Does anyone know of a good steel fabricator? I need a dove-tail/ramp built on the back of a Isuzu box truck. Thanks
Dixie trailers on US 19. It is right around 142nd Ave on the west side of the road. 544-7989 Jim is the owner. They do good work, prompt, and reasonalbly priced.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thank you so very much.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
Dixie trailers on US 19. It is right around 142nd Ave on the west side of the road. 544-7989 Jim is the owner. They do good work, prompt, and reasonalbly priced.
I'll write that down. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

hey guys does anybody wanna meet for lunch one of these days? Maybe mid November when things slow down a bit.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
hey guys does anybody wanna meet for lunch one of these days? Maybe mid November when things slow down a bit.
I'd like that South, how about one day next week?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
It was an EXPENSIVE summer! Question Bladerunner.....How do you take a week off for Xmas & New Years - there both in different weeks. Do you mean you take off mid-week to mid-week? Call me stupid, but......
Man I really did not look that far ahead yet until I read your post. I hate the holidays! only because of all the juggling around you have to do. or is it just me? I have a friend in the business who takes off 2-week for the Christmas & new years holidays it sure would make things easier and I just asked my wife what she thought about me working Christmas eve and she informed me that our daughter is off school for 2-weeks so looks like I will get to take two weeks off I guess I'll have to break the bad news to the guys later it does look like they will be taking a mid-week to mid-week vacation this year. I have large commerical accounts in South Tampa that fall on Thursday and their very particular. So, I have to make sure they're taken care of. How do you guys handle the Holiday's?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner Inc View Post
Man I really did not look that far ahead yet until I read your post. I hate the holidays! only because of all the juggling around you have to do. or is it just me? I have a friend in the business who takes off 2-week for the Christmas & new years holidays it sure would make things easier and I just asked my wife what she thought about me working Christmas eve and she informed me that our daughter is off school for 2-weeks so looks like I will get to take two weeks off I guess I'll have to break the bad news to the guys later it does look like they will be taking a mid-week to mid-week vacation this year. I have large commerical accounts in South Tampa that fall on Thursday and their very particular. So, I have to make sure they're taken care of. How do you guys handle the Holiday's?
Well right now I'm solo & I was wondering what you guys do also. Was curious about what the norm is. Ya, I worked for the School Board for 6-7 years & that was very nice! 2weeks off for X-mas!