Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know about everyone else but I try to keep a every other week schedule that's the way I have done it since I started. My friend who takes two weeks says his customers are used to it. that's the way he has then trained so to say. I split my route days in half so pretty much one guy can handle it, most of the week. I still have to work a couple of days during the week with my helper. But for the holidays I double up the week before we take off and when we return we do everybody as well then work them back into sink. so we can do half day routs. until winter is over usually I start back ever week service in March but this year I might try to stretch it till April I need as much time as possible to save/make money.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner Inc View Post
I don't know about everyone else but I try to keep a every other week schedule that's the way I have done it since I started. My friend who takes two weeks says his customers are used to it. that's the way he has then trained so to say. I split my route days in half so pretty much one guy can handle it, most of the week. I still have to work a couple of days during the week with my helper. But for the holidays I double up the week before we take off and when we return we do everybody as well then work them back into sink. so we can do half day routs. until winter is over usually I start back ever week service in March but this year I might try to stretch it till April I need as much time as possible to save/make money.
I do every other week as well. I get them all done in one week though so that I have the other week to do other things that I don't have much time to do during the season. ie: pressure washing, landscaping, equipment maint., etc.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
I'd like that South, how about one day next week?
sounds good
Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
hey guys does anybody wanna meet for lunch one of these days? Maybe mid November when things slow down a bit.
Anyone else????
Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I would like to join you guys.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolawns View Post
I do every other week as well. I get them all done in one week though so that I have the other week to do other things that I don't have much time to do during the season. ie: pressure washing, landscaping, equipment maint., etc.
I do my Sunday and Mondays together so I can have every other off Sunday to spend with my family and Mondays for side work and if I get a lot of side work I let my main guy handle the route and me and my 2ed guy do the side job
Old 11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

i would be up for that too. just let me know when and where.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright guys, so when & where do we want to meet up? First off, what city, or better yet, Pinellas County, Hernando?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tell ya what bruthas, I may be getting out of the business. I just don't have enough accounts to keep it rolling. I'm in deep with bills, girlfriend is stressed.... residentials are not paying on time...or at all ..blah blah, getting tired of calling and chasing checks. Don't know what I am going to do unless something turns around.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
Tell ya what bruthas, I may be getting out of the business. I just don't have enough accounts to keep it rolling. I'm in deep with bills, girlfriend is stressed.... residentials are not paying on time...or at all ..blah blah, getting tired of calling and chasing checks. Don't know what I am going to do unless something turns around.
Sorry to hear that! Ya, it's pretty sad when you have to be a bill collections agency among other things. That's what I've gotten to do in the last few days. Not fun, but they all paid. Anything I can do?