Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm here.... I feel like I'm going CRAZY!!! My computer hard drive & back up hard drive both got fried at the same time (my back up HDD was even an external one), so I lost about 2 years of info!?!?!? I've been trying to recreate the lost data. I didn't have many hard copies of anything!!! I've learned my lesson! Online backups, hard drive backups & usb flash drive back ups. On top of this I had to keep up with my normal work, plus I had to videotape and photograph a school graduation and another event & edit the photos & videos & put them on like 25 DVD's & print about 20-30 8x10's. I haven't finished anything yet & I have to go back to work on Monday, get ahead so that I can take off Thursday & finish the videos & pics by Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that everyone had a nice Christmas.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Happy New Year everyone! KO sorry to here about your loss I keep waiting for it to happen to me. I do copy my business files ever other month or so just in case. life is good. Christmas was good, hope everones was. I will be glad when the holidays are over and I don't have to juggle scheduling! South how u doing? with the price of gas down I hope we can all make some money this coming year! C-ya for now
Old 12-29-2008, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well sh*t! When it rains, it pours!!! I had to mow my accounts this week. Well, I was mowing one of my commercial accounts last night & about 1/3 of the way through my mower made a loud rattling noise & just crawled to a stop. It was running just fine, it just wouldn't move! I got to push it by myself for about 50-75 feet & also push it UP into my trailer (THAT WAS FUN!!!). A spindle had gotten overheated a fell apart! Well, with this week being 1-1-09 I can't get the part until later this week. My mis size walk behind is having tranny problems, so I only have a 21" mower (a couple of them) to finish my work with. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!! So, I'm giving all of my customers a discount & I'm waiting until next week to mow. OH WELL!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey kevin, sucks to hear about your computer and mower. There are a few companies in my area that took two weeks off, how long are some of your yards? I'm off of mowing next week, I can loan you my Toro Z if you need it?

I'm doing good Mike glad to hear you had a good christmas and new years. I hear ya on juggling things around, it will be good when things settle down a bit, hopefully thats next week.

I ended up getting the Wright Stander, pretty neat little machine. A lot better than using a walk behind for back yards. I got it at Al's Yard Arm, they seem to be a good dealer too.

Last edited by South Florida Lawns; 01-03-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
I ended up getting the Wright Stander, pretty neat little machine. A lot better than using a walk behind for back yards. I got it at Al's Yard Arm, they seem to be a good dealer too.
I bought my Exmark from them. I have been happy with them, and I dont like most of the dealers around.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah the people there seem real knowledgeable and friendly. They weren't full of bs either and helped me get the mower I wanted when the other dealers couldn't get my small stander. I would recomend them. They carry eXmark Dixie Chopper Wright and Redmax.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are they located? I meant to ask you on the phone earlier, but what size is your Stander?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

They are in Tarpon Springs off 19.

How is everyone's week going, enjoying the weather? We had a good short shower today down round St. Pete and then it cooled off some.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey South - THANK YOU again for ALL of your help today & again tomorrow!!! Tomorrow shouldn't be as long of a day.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No problem glad to help.