Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-21-2009, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
If you have a good system then its not all that bad at all. Deffinately sucks doing leaves solo, also where to put them when you have a ton to pick up at a time, they take up space fast. I'm thinking about getting one of those push leaf vacs that mulch and bag them up. Scott are you using one when you say get what's left with the billygoat? If so how do you like it?
South, I had a Billy Goat. I just sold it about 6 months ago. It worked well, but so does bagging. You just have to go slow with the mower, to do a great job, but the Billy Goat isn't fast either and you are stuck pushing it. Plus if you want to cut the grass you still need a separate machine & you have to go over everything again.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Well today has been great. Called my wright dealer on the hole in my gas tank, and they have no idea when it will be in. Its been a a little over a week since I dropped it off. Then after all that the Toro threw a rod.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Well today has been great. Called my wright dealer on the hole in my gas tank, and they have no idea when it will be in. Its been a a little over a week since I dropped it off. Then after all that the Toro threw a rod.
That's not a good day at all! I'm not using my 32" T-bar this week if you need to borrow it South.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Why is it taking so long with the Wright?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

because the tanks on the 32" are extra narrow and that model is not too popular. The hole (said it was a bubble in the plastic) is at the top and they sold it to me with half a tank, when I topped it off it started leaking. I'm calling them first thing in the morning and telling them I'm picking it up and to mail me the tank when it gets in and I'll do the work myself. Oh and it only took them 2 days to get the mower in when I bought it, but now 2 weeks to find a tank, thats not right.

Kevin I just might take you up on the offer for the toro, I have a helper with me for tomorrow so if I get the stander and your 32" going I can stay on top of things. Oh and thank you for taking a look at that broken head on such a short notice, I really appreciate it!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a problem Ryan, thanks for letting me know about it. Like I said it just needs some glue. I think the sprayer should face the bushes. I think I stuck it in towards the grass though.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey South,

I have a 36" Belt that you can use as well. Let me know if you need it.

I have been fortunate not to lose anything major s far but it is only a matter of time I am sure.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Sounds like my day yesterday. Backup blower stopped working, hedgers, and my little push mower (that I use for a small court yard at this church I do). Expensive day. Atleast the x is ok. Must be that time of year bro.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what's up fellas? I did not have time to go thru the posts, anybody work in brandon? I am in n Tampa/ s pasco and get calls for brandon sometimes. When I tell them I don't service that area, they always ask if I know anybody who does.
Just looking to spread the wealth, so if you work in brandon let me know so I can pass on your number. Later
Old 03-27-2009, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

155 lawn / landscape biz for sale

I just looked on bizbuyselldotcom and there was 155 lawn / landscape business for sale in the state of florida. That is 4-10 times more than any other state. Is this because of the economy, or just because there are more lawn / landscape companies in florida than other states?