Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amor4421 View Post
thats what i thought i might have to do. yeah i might go buy an air compressor for fathers day. what size do you have
Its a small 2hp, and I use an impact drill w/ 500lbs of torque. It saves alot of time, I don't have to go anywhere to have someone take off my blades and never have a problem. I use it for other things too... comes in handy.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I too change my blades by hand much faster just reaching up under the deck than having to get out the ramps or floor jack to get an impact gun under there.

I have never had a blade come off either.

Tamadrummer do you take your mower to the shop everyday to get sharpened, that would be nuts for me. I have a few sets and just sharpen them and change them out at my shop. It is a pain because once your done for the day you don't wan't to mess with anything when your tired. I get a day out of my blades or about 17 yards.

Amor4421 you might have a bent spindle bolt or the threads got screwed up. If you can get under there put some penetrating spray on there like PB Blaster and let it sit for a few hrs then try backing it out. You may need a breaker bar and put some ass on it to get it out, but that should do it. Good luck!

Every couple of months I put some grease on the bolts of my toro and that seems to help them thread on easier.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, everyday. It is 5 minutes away and takes 2 mins. I have boxes of sharpened blades there and when I pull in, they are like a nascar pit crew.

I love this set up. I only have to pull up and bam I am good to go.

I also buy all of my stuff from them so they treat me really well.

On monday I will be demoing a 19/48 Grandstand. I am sure it is going to make my day fly!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

guys im selling my 20 foot enclosed trailer,if any of you guys are interested let me know.i was trying to get around $2000
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleankutslawn View Post
guys im selling my 20 foot enclosed trailer,if any of you guys are interested let me know.i was trying to get around $2000
Hey Clean,Wish I could afford that, I would love to take it off your hands. I need one of those to keep the theives from stealing my equipment.

Kevin Lane
Old 06-22-2009, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do all my blades by hand without a impact wrench.
Hardly ever have problems. Unless some string wraps around the bolt.
Is it possible that the belt is loose and the spindle is spinning on the pulley?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Guys thanks for all the ideas. I just put some pb blaster and used my foot and it came off. I also sprayed some fluid film on both bolts and it is ok now. The shop by me has the gravely and the toro standers. They are both 36" but the price is way out of my range.i think he wants 3500 for the gravely and 4500-5000 for the toro. love the look but too pricey
Old 06-23-2009, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kevin with your luck lately the a-holes would just steal the whole trailer. This week going any better for you? BTW Happy Belated Fathers Day to all us dads out here. Keep it cool and hydrated guys!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Kevin with your luck lately the a-holes would just steal the whole trailer. This week going any better for you? BTW Happy Belated Fathers Day to all us dads out here. Keep it cool and hydrated guys!
LOL yeah. I have a thick chain and kevlar gorilla cords with hardened steel locks on everything now. I also have a sensor alarm on order for the entire rig and a tongue lock for the trailer. I put up a sign as well, "Protected by video surveillance". (They have cameras at the church property where my stuff got ripped off).
Not sure if you were talking to me or Kevin O'neal, but I think he got hit too.

Peace bruthas, and happy belated Dad's day!

Kevin Lane
Old 06-27-2009, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, my truck got fixed last Monday. But on Wednesday it got F'd up again! In the same area! This lady just pulled directly in front of me on Park Blvd. & slammed on her brakes. Ya, well I couldn't stop as fast as her Jeep Wrangler, so.... So, it goes in the body shop again this coming Monday.

Oh & yesterday the police dept. called me and they think that they found one piece of my equipment at a pawn shop. I'll let ya'll know how that turns out, but she said that I'll have to buy it back from the pawn shop if I want it back anytime soon. Either that or I'll have to go to court to try and prove that it is mine because I didn't have any distinctive markings on it.