Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2010, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Happy Labor Day weekend gents! Hope you are all kickin back and slamming cold ones. I got to spend yesterday doing a 1500sq ft sod job (1000.00 payday) that my lovely wife booked for us not realizing what weekend it was. That's ok though since she was out there sweating along with me. She is doing so well booking gigs and doing estimates I may have to hire some help.
You lowballing peice of crap mother#$%^@* I did a sod job of 1200 square feet for $1200!!! Sorry, the typical lawnsite coming out in me.

Just kidding ya, I didnt even think i would get it and the best part was that it took about 1/2 the time to remove the old sod, it just came up so easy.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
Are you sure its in the tank? I had that problem with my toro and finally figured it is water in the float bowl. You can take a 7/16 (i think) wrench and loosen it to drain, but i fould the easier way is to start it, then turn the fuel shut off to off and you will burn whats in the bowl and line. Open the shut off and start it up again and your problem should be over. As far as the belts, just be glad its not one of those older walk behinds with the thin belt.
Yeah I figured that out....just draned the bowl and line. I replaced the belt, seems to help. No problems recently.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Not to be a jerk, but you should stay the f out. You obviously have no clue about anything. I am hoping and guessing that you never made it in or things would be worse than they are.

Kevin Lane
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You lowballing peice of crap mother#$%^@* I did a sod job of 1200 square feet for $1200!!! Sorry, the typical lawnsite coming out in me.

Just kidding ya, I didnt even think i would get it and the best part was that it took about 1/2 the time to remove the old sod, it just came up so easy.
Thanks for the kudos ya zipperhead My profit was 1000.00!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for the kudos ya zipperhead My profit was 1000.00!
Ok well then im the lowballer. But I dont do lawns for $60 a month like the moron that was here asking. I did an estimate today and I graciously bid it at $95 because it is so slow and she said she was paying $60. She had the same company for three years so that means three years ago when things were good and we could tell anyone who looked at us wrong to go f themselves some moron bid a lawn at half price, because back then I would have easily bid it at $120.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Ok well then im the lowballer. But I dont do lawns for $60 a month like the moron that was here asking. I did an estimate today and I graciously bid it at $95 because it is so slow and she said she was paying $60. She had the same company for three years so that means three years ago when things were good and we could tell anyone who looked at us wrong to go f themselves some moron bid a lawn at half price, because back then I would have easily bid it at $120.
$60 a month is ridiculous, lost an account last year to some dork doing lawns for that. Whatever, I charge twice that for a "basic lawn." Some people out there are a joke. Peace bruthas

Kevin Lane
Old 09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
And why does she need a new company? Did they finally drown themselves? I do 60.00 a month accounts, they are called biweekly.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
And why does she need a new company? Did they finally drown themselves? I do 60.00 a month accounts, they are called biweekly.
I have accounts that are only $50 a month, i only do they're little ass front yard. I think I'm over lawnsite, most everyone on here just wants to rip you a new hole.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I find it amazing people are on here only a year and have 3000 posts. I don't feel the need to comment on every thread. I really hate the guys that do nothing but bash and pound their chests.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I find it amazing people are on here only a year and have 3000 posts. I don't feel the need to comment on every thread. I really hate the guys that do nothing but bash and pound their chests.
then they start to talk about how their mom was telling them this, and my space and....... I am about done with this entire business. 10 years ago it was great but I don't know how long this will last (I could ask the expert lawnguy/economists in the political section) but I am seriously thinking about online college. Been looking into it a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device