Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pinellas county has the 6hr core class and onsite testing on Sep 22nd. If you don't have your "roundup" license this is a good chance to do it the right way. You can really expand your business and learn the right way to "fert and squirt"
Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Pinellas county has the 6hr core class and onsite testing on Sep 22nd. If you don't have your "roundup" license this is a good chance to do it the right way. You can really expand your business and learn the right way to "fert and squirt"
Do you really beleive that? That license is a joke and a waste of money. And god forbid you have to call the state to explain why the name on the insurance (company name) is different from the person on the license (employee). I will take my money and buy lottery tickets with it. The class teaches you nothing about how to do anything right. Have you ever taken the test? lol an hour for people to write their name. You know what I mean if you have.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
Do you really beleive that? That license is a joke and a waste of money. And god forbid you have to call the state to explain why the name on the insurance (company name) is different from the person on the license (employee). I will take my money and buy lottery tickets with it. The class teaches you nothing about how to do anything right. Have you ever taken the test? lol an hour for people to write their name. You know what I mean if you have.
yeah I don't use round up or anything, I use wind- up. Trimmer works great...lol

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
an hour for people to write their name.
The class is almost a full day.

Get the license though & they can't fine you if they pull you over & you have roundup on your trailer or they catch you spraying it.

Can't sleep, so I'm reading. :-)
Old 09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I do have the license. 210.00 is cheap insurance against a 5000.00 fine if you get caught with a bottle of roundup. roundup isn't the only thing you can apply, it cover alot of other products and services you can sell. Why let truegreen get all the money and do nothing for your customers. They are cracking down because like every thing else they can fine you for it is money for the state to spend.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wasted my money on that license for four years. No more, the economy has come to a point where we need to get rid of waste. This is waste, pure and simple. The real money is in spraying lawns which makes this a total waste of time and money.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I wasted my money on that license for four years. No more, the economy has come to a point where we need to get rid of waste. This is waste, pure and simple. The real money is in spraying lawns which makes this a total waste of time and money.
I totally agree with you on the economy & the total waste part, but the part of what could happen if I get caught just scares the sh*t out of me.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The other thing many guys dont like about it is the fact it forces you to have liability insurance. The cost is part of doing business the legitimate way and is a business deduction. You can run your business whatever way you choose. I may not like or agree with the rules but I will always follow them. It has worked for me for nearly 20 years.My advice was for the information of any guys that needed it.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The other thing many guys dont like about it is the fact it forces you to have liability insurance. The cost is part of doing business the legitimate way and is a business deduction. You can run your business whatever way you choose. I may not like or agree with the rules but I will always follow them. It has worked for me for nearly 20 years.My advice was for the information of any guys that needed it.
I agree & thanks for putting the info out there.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I will give you that, and would think the license was a good idea if the entire program was scrapped and they let people like Kessler and Ric from here, and others come up with something useful, and not some nosy crook like Marco Rubio and his cronies when they get together to waste our money. Not trying to start something, just giving my opinion. Usually dont get to many to agree with me anyway so dont feel bad.