Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-16-2010, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I agree the program could be revamped. Truth be told I think they get a lot of pressure from the big scam fert companies to keep the little guy out. It should be difficult to get a license but not impossible for an intelligent person to attend a thorough training program and test out. Your right Ric would be a great person to consult. I would feel more prepared by just reading his posts on here.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I agree the program could be revamped. Truth be told I think they get a lot of pressure from the big scam fert companies to keep the little guy out. It should be difficult to get a license but not impossible for an intelligent person to attend a thorough training program and test out. Your right Ric would be a great person to consult. I would feel more prepared by just reading his posts on here.
I agree with you completely. It would be interesting to go back to when the law was passed and look at how much money the fert companies donated to the campaines of those who brought the legislation to the floor. I have learned more from reading posts from Ric than I did in four years of classes for that joke of a license. They are after the guys spraying lawns anyway, not us.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

theft

So bruthas, I got hit again. This time at my house. They stole my stihl edger and line trimmer right off my locked rack. Must have bent the shafts to get them off. I reported it stolen, and St Pete police just did the report over the phone...lol, what a joke. Now they are taking equipment that is locked, time to start looking for an enclosed trailer, but then they will probably take that too. That is theft #4 for me. I can't afford all these thefts, insurance with high detuctibles is a joke. I tired of this crap-no idea how I will take care of business this week, the back ups are in repair.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
So bruthas, I got hit again. This time at my house. They stole my stihl edger and line trimmer right off my locked rack. Must have bent the shafts to get them off. I reported it stolen, and St Pete police just did the report over the phone...lol, what a joke. Now they are taking equipment that is locked, time to start looking for an enclosed trailer, but then they will probably take that too. That is theft #4 for me. I can't afford all these thefts, insurance with high detuctibles is a joke. I tired of this crap-no idea how I will take care of business this week, the back ups are in repair.
When my edgers & line trimmers were stolen last year, that same thing happened. I had to "buy" back "my" edger from a pawn shop even after I proved it was mine without a doubt, when I looked at it though the shaft was bent, and when it was stolen - the rack was fine & the lock was still intact!

I've had TWO backpack blowers stolen this year, they were both locked up! But, I've got a two bay shop with an a/c office now. I park my trailer inside my shop now, EVERY NIGHT.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
Very sorry about your loss Kevin.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That really sucks Kevin. Time to get a pitbull or rottweiler and chain him to the trailer every night. It seems like everywhere I go now somebody takes an interest in my stuff. I dont like to leave it unattended even at the gas station. Frigging thieves, god help him if you catch one of the crackheads.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
That really sucks Kevin. Time to get a pitbull or rottweiler and chain him to the trailer every night. It seems like everywhere I go now somebody takes an interest in my stuff. I dont like to leave it unattended even at the gas station. Frigging thieves, god help him if you catch one of the crackheads.
lol I have a rottweiller, she never made a sound through out the entire night. Well on my way to look at some used equipment, wish me luck.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lazy hound. How went the buying trip. Craigslist and the pawn shops are packed with crap.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

buying accounts?

Do you guys buy accounts or just do door hangers? We are in the Tarpon Springs area.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green King TLC View Post
Do you guys buy accounts or just do door hangers? We are in the Tarpon Springs area.
door hangers