Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Shoot! Pouring here at my Odessa shop. Sent the guys out to get done what they can before it hits Tampa. This was suppose to happen yesterday when we were closed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Should help the dust bowl though...rain is funny, when we need it we can't wait for it. After 2 or 3 rains, we hate it. At least I do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The ground sucked up every drop. I can lay in bed tonite and hear the grass grow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Shoot! Pouring here at my Odessa shop. Sent the guys out to get done what they can before it hits Tampa. This was suppose to happen yesterday when we were closed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah guess I got lucky, barely got done before it hit in St Pete. It only lasted like 10 min, then I went off to finish up a cleanout. Humid as hell. Freightrain got cooled down abit though...

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Day wasn't a total loss. I just closed on an investment house. My first foray back into real estate since 2006.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Enough with the rain already, barely got done with today's properties, streets were flooded so no blower. Lightening started crackin so I bailed like a freight train coming out of hell. Anyone feel like you went on an expedition in the amazon this week? 50 percent chance tomorrow. What gets me is 2 of my customers actually asked why I was later than usual, even though I have explained the storm season delays to them before-geez, I actually was pretty close to doing them all on time, just later in the day. I had to go back on 2 properties to finish up some things but geez cut me some slack!
Ok there is no crying in baseball....time for a beer and bed.
WOO HOO! Peace Bruthas! Careful out there!

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We've been plugging hard after last week. Actually got ahead so we cut off at 3 today. Everybody loaded up on fert before the ban and the rain just lit the fuse. We had to double cut a couple SA lawns that were 5 days out since last cut. Crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

At least the hard rain held off until today. I have 8 calls for new service already this weekend. Monday is going to be a crapshoot at this point. Flipped and sold my investment house already. Woohoo gonna try another.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
At least the hard rain held off until today. I have 8 calls for new service already this weekend. Monday is going to be a crapshoot at this point. Flipped and sold my investment house already. Woohoo gonna try another.
Posted via Mobile Device
Man, that was fast. Was it a foreclosure? Did you do any work to it? I just bought my first place. Been painting it with family the last 2 weekends. Got a great deal on it, it's in great shape, and a 3.99% fixed rate...I'm very happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Man, that was fast. Was it a foreclosure? Did you do any work to it? I just bought my first place. Been painting it with family the last 2 weekends. Got a great deal on it, it's in great shape, and a 3.99% fixed rate...I'm very happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
It was a short sale already bank approved. Paid cash, yes I had to dip into the retirement fund. Guy was a custom cabinet maker so it had a 60k kitchen alone. I paid 32k added 10k in paint, carpet, hvac and landscape. Sold for 55k to first looker. I could have sat for more money, but I wanted to see if this was the right time. House is still 20k less than neighborhood average. Congrats on your new digs. I take it SanDiego is on the back burner?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It was a short sale already bank approved. Paid cash, yes I had to dip into the retirement fund. Guy was a custom cabinet maker so it had a 60k kitchen alone. I paid 32k added 10k in paint, carpet, hvac and landscape. Sold for 55k to first looker. I could have sat for more money, but I wanted to see if this was the right time. House is still 20k less than neighborhood average. Congrats on your new digs. I take it SanDiego is on the back burner?
Hey man, 13-K for a quick turnaround is great. I woulda done the same thing. Congrats. Thank you. Nope, San Diego is still in the plans within the next 5 years or so. Gonna either sell this place or rent it out. The mortgage payment is stupid low so I can easily make $500/mo while having someone else pay the mortgage. In 4-5 years, I should be able to sell for 40-50-K more than what I paid. It's in a very desirable location and is only 10 years old right now. Just depends when God brings me my wife. I hope she wants to move to San Diego lol.
Posted via Mobile Device