Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #2061  
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Shoot! Pouring here at my Odessa shop. Sent the guys out to get done what they can before it hits Tampa. This was suppose to happen yesterday when we were closed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Should help the dust bowl though...rain is funny, when we need it we can't wait for it. After 2 or 3 rains, we hate it. At least I do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2062  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
The ground sucked up every drop. I can lay in bed tonite and hear the grass grow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2063  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 PM
kevinlane's Avatar
kevinlane kevinlane is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Shoot! Pouring here at my Odessa shop. Sent the guys out to get done what they can before it hits Tampa. This was suppose to happen yesterday when we were closed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah guess I got lucky, barely got done before it hit in St Pete. It only lasted like 10 min, then I went off to finish up a cleanout. Humid as hell. Freightrain got cooled down abit though...
__________________

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Reply With Quote
  #2064  
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
Day wasn't a total loss. I just closed on an investment house. My first foray back into real estate since 2006.
Reply With Quote
  #2065  
Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 AM
kevinlane's Avatar
kevinlane kevinlane is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 334
Enough with the rain already, barely got done with today's properties, streets were flooded so no blower. Lightening started crackin so I bailed like a freight train coming out of hell. Anyone feel like you went on an expedition in the amazon this week? 50 percent chance tomorrow. What gets me is 2 of my customers actually asked why I was later than usual, even though I have explained the storm season delays to them before-geez, I actually was pretty close to doing them all on time, just later in the day. I had to go back on 2 properties to finish up some things but geez cut me some slack!
Ok there is no crying in baseball....time for a beer and bed.
WOO HOO! Peace Bruthas! Careful out there!
__________________

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Reply With Quote
  #2066  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
We've been plugging hard after last week. Actually got ahead so we cut off at 3 today. Everybody loaded up on fert before the ban and the rain just lit the fuse. We had to double cut a couple SA lawns that were 5 days out since last cut. Crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2067  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
At least the hard rain held off until today. I have 8 calls for new service already this weekend. Monday is going to be a crapshoot at this point. Flipped and sold my investment house already. Woohoo gonna try another.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2068  
Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
At least the hard rain held off until today. I have 8 calls for new service already this weekend. Monday is going to be a crapshoot at this point. Flipped and sold my investment house already. Woohoo gonna try another.
Posted via Mobile Device
Man, that was fast. Was it a foreclosure? Did you do any work to it? I just bought my first place. Been painting it with family the last 2 weekends. Got a great deal on it, it's in great shape, and a 3.99% fixed rate...I'm very happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2069  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Man, that was fast. Was it a foreclosure? Did you do any work to it? I just bought my first place. Been painting it with family the last 2 weekends. Got a great deal on it, it's in great shape, and a 3.99% fixed rate...I'm very happy.
Posted via Mobile Device
It was a short sale already bank approved. Paid cash, yes I had to dip into the retirement fund. Guy was a custom cabinet maker so it had a 60k kitchen alone. I paid 32k added 10k in paint, carpet, hvac and landscape. Sold for 55k to first looker. I could have sat for more money, but I wanted to see if this was the right time. House is still 20k less than neighborhood average. Congrats on your new digs. I take it SanDiego is on the back burner?
Reply With Quote
  #2070  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
It was a short sale already bank approved. Paid cash, yes I had to dip into the retirement fund. Guy was a custom cabinet maker so it had a 60k kitchen alone. I paid 32k added 10k in paint, carpet, hvac and landscape. Sold for 55k to first looker. I could have sat for more money, but I wanted to see if this was the right time. House is still 20k less than neighborhood average. Congrats on your new digs. I take it SanDiego is on the back burner?
Hey man, 13-K for a quick turnaround is great. I woulda done the same thing. Congrats. Thank you. Nope, San Diego is still in the plans within the next 5 years or so. Gonna either sell this place or rent it out. The mortgage payment is stupid low so I can easily make $500/mo while having someone else pay the mortgage. In 4-5 years, I should be able to sell for 40-50-K more than what I paid. It's in a very desirable location and is only 10 years old right now. Just depends when God brings me my wife. I hope she wants to move to San Diego lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.09520 seconds with 8 queries