Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2101  
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM
lawngrazers lawngrazers is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Valrico, Fl.
Posts: 4
Lawn Grazers

Hey Guy's , We're in Valrico. I have a question for anyone that may be of help. We have just passed and have received our L&O license. We started our company about 6 months ago as a Mow,Trim, Misc. company and are looking forward to adding Fertilization and Pest Control. We are purchasing a spray rig from a friend along with about 60 non contracted accounts. How much and for how long should we offer to pay for the accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #2102  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 7,898
Do you guys have a PCO license? I don't think you can apply pesticides to turf without it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2103  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Do you guys have a PCO license? I don't think you can apply pesticides to turf without it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Details, Details, Details
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #2104  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawngrazers View Post
Hey Guy's , We're in Valrico. I have a question for anyone that may be of help. We have just passed and have received our L&O license. We started our company about 6 months ago as a Mow,Trim, Misc. company and are looking forward to adding Fertilization and Pest Control. We are purchasing a spray rig from a friend along with about 60 non contracted accounts. How much and for how long should we offer to pay for the accounts.
If all you have is an L&O license what do you need a spray rig for ? Non contracted accounts are worth almost nothing, especially considering the time of year.
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #2105  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
lawngrazers lawngrazers is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Valrico, Fl.
Posts: 4
Yes we have the PCO license. That's what I thought about the accounts ,pretty worthless, I was thinking of an offer of 1/2 revinew for 2 months, 60 new accounts should be worth that as a finders fee I would think. We'll see how many shake out when the PCO introduces us to his accounts,
Reply With Quote
  #2106  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawngrazers View Post
Yes we have the PCO license. That's what I thought about the accounts ,pretty worthless, I was thinking of an offer of 1/2 revinew for 2 months, 60 new accounts should be worth that as a finders fee I would think. We'll see how many shake out when the PCO introduces us to his accounts,
Then I would structure your payment offer based on keeping the accounts for say a minimum of 3 months or so.
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #2107  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
lawngrazers lawngrazers is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Valrico, Fl.
Posts: 4
That is what I was thinking, I just needed some reassurance as this is fairly new to me
Reply With Quote
  #2108  
Old 10-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 7,898
What a miserable week. I eneded up in the ER with room spins and non stop puking. Turns out to be an ear infection from a seasons worth of dirt jammed in my inner ear. Oh well, I should be back up to full duty by Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #2109  
Old 10-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
What a miserable week. I eneded up in the ER with room spins and non stop puking. Turns out to be an ear infection from a seasons worth of dirt jammed in my inner ear. Oh well, I should be back up to full duty by Monday.
Was wondering what happened to you. Glad everything is ok. So it was literally dirt lodged in your ear??
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #2110  
Old 10-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 7,898
Yep they flushed out two dime sized chunks of dirt and wax that impacted deep. I don't use q tips for that reason and it still happens every couple years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.08941 seconds with 8 queries