Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

westsweeper i have done a few private schools in the past but nothing i have went after in the past 2 years
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

hey guys. how is business for everyone going? i hope good. klean how are things going? i was wondering did you ever get that account in tampa for the dollar store? talk to you later.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

amor yes i took care of it,glad you said something about it because i haven't billed them for that yet!lol thanks again for the account
Old 07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man I need to get a hydro, my exmark belt driven wb won't cut nothin this rain, lol. Can't afford one yet, but I can't wait to get one.

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsweeper4 View Post
I was wondering if anyone here is into mowing any of the sports fields? Is there a market for this for the average LCO? What about schools or parks?

thanks again in advance
I do some churches, best accounts I have, and they pay ontime every month. I thought most schools had their own maintenance for the lawn, however the thought did cross my mind if some do hire lco's.

Kevin Lane
Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
I do some churches, best accounts I have, and they pay ontime every month. I thought most schools had their own maintenance for the lawn, however the thought did cross my mind if some do hire lco's.
All of the Pinellas County Schools do mow their own grass (I know, I use to work for the School Board doing that & maintenance). Don't know about Hillsborough County or any of the private schools. How would someone go about bidding for a church???
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a private school in Pinellas from a d.o.t guy.as far as churches,i do two in Tampa & both say the found me online
Old 07-03-2008, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
All of the Pinellas County Schools do mow their own grass (I know, I use to work for the School Board doing that & maintenance). Don't know about Hillsborough County or any of the private schools. How would someone go about bidding for a church???
Hey sweetz. One of my regular customers referred me to my church properties, I think one of them picked up my card inside a bank as well. That has been my best source of advertizing. But anyways, church secretaries are the ones to talk to. Pastors don't like dealing with us dirty landscapers. lol...I bid commercial properties using the labour hrs method. How many hours will it take me. How many acres? Will they need fertilizer, mulch, trees trimmed? I just add it all up. I try to get them to tell me what they were paying before, and then I add a little....lol. Not sure if that helps, but hopefully it did.

Kevin Lane
Old 07-03-2008, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
Hey sweetz. One of my regular customers referred me to my church properties, I think one of them picked up my card inside a bank as well. That has been my best source of advertizing. But anyways, church secretaries are the ones to talk to. Pastors don't like dealing with us dirty landscapers. lol...I bid commercial properties using the labour hrs method. How many hours will it take me. How many acres? Will they need fertilizer, mulch, trees trimmed? I just add it all up. I try to get them to tell me what they were paying before, and then I add a little....lol. Not sure if that helps, but hopefully it did.
Ya kevin, that does help, thanks. Kevin, my name is also Kevin. What part of St. Pete. do you work in? Depending, you may have even seen me driving around in my truck & trailer. You can't really miss me. If you have seen my truck & you know my name, then you know what I am talking about. I pretty much work in St. Pete., Seminole, Gulfport, Pinellas Park & Kenneth City.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

So are most of you guys one man operations?

With gas prices going up, my guess is that some guys will be getting out of business. Anyone hear of LCOs selling accounts?

Right now Im gonna take some classes at HCC in the fall and then start the business in the beginning of 09

man it feels like im a newbie again....