Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlane View Post
This is my commercial property, such a good pic I wanted to post, lol.
That is nice. I think I recognize it. Where is that???
Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Just wondering if any of you guys know what this is and how to fix it. I laid this sod last year. Recently it has slowly started to die, every service I do, it seems more brown areas. It has been watered on a regular basis and fertilized. I was thinking chich bug damage... take a look, thanks
Next time you're there try pulling up some of the grass that's dead. If it comes up very easily it more than likely chinch bug damage since they eat the roots. Or if you have the time, take an old coffee can & cut out the bottom (so that both ends are open) place it on that area (on the edge where it's dying) & fill the can with water & dish soap). From what I understand if it's chinch bugs they will float to the top. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
That is nice. I think I recognize it. Where is that???
Presbyterian Church on 22nd Ave S near 9th Ave

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Presbyterian Church on 22nd Ave S near 9th Ave
That's the area I was thinking of. Nice pic!

This is great weather huh????
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
That's the area I was thinking of. Nice pic!

This is great weather huh????
Yeah screwed me today, too wet for my machine

Kevin Lane
Genesis Property Management
MY MOTTO: GET ER DONE or keep walkin!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Yeah screwed me today, too wet for my machine
Yeah, I had to have the rear tires on my Z changed this morning (one was to the point of actually falling apart to where I would plug a hole & the hole would just get larger & the tire wouldn't hold air for more than like 30 seconds - I think it was time for new tires!!!) & by the time I could pick it up, it was pouring & pouring & pouring......... We're suppose to see the same tomorrow also. Chance of rain is 60% right now for tomorrow. Oh well, looks like I'll be cutting Sat. & Sun.?!?!?!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh & this weekend is 40% for both days. That doesn't really mean anything though.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I like that church picture, with the irrigation on and a fresh cut!

I had a weird day in the rain, when I was backing up a lil hill to turn around, one of the levers on my Z snapped right off.

I have no welder and my friends with em were all still at work.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
I like that church picture, with the irrigation on and a fresh cut!

I had a weird day in the rain, when I was backing up a lil hill to turn around, one of the levers on my Z snapped right off.

I have no welder and my friends with em were all still at work.
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh!!! Not at you or your mower, but at the picture in my head of that happening to me!!! I would probably lose it right there.

Last week (at my wife's parents house - while I was mowing it) I was finishing up, line trimming. Well they've had a bee's nest under their shed in their back yard for about 2 years!!! I kept saying that they need to do something about it, but........ So I won't even mow that part of their back yard, but.... I was line trimming & the bees decided that they didn't like that noise. Well, my trimmer ended up upside down in a pile of dirt, still running....My clothes, hat, worktunes, ya they were in a line on the ground all the way back to where this started. The da** bees stung my left leg, were on my shoes, socks, shorts, shirt. They were flying up my shorts (which is why my clothes came off). I bet the neighbors loved this!!!! I told them about it & the next day they had a company out to take care of it. They told me that the guys actually had equipment to basically look thru the floor to figure out where the nest was to cut a hole in exactly the right spot. The guys took out the main part of the nest & left a trap for the worker bees that were away from the nest at the time. Guess about how many bees he estimated there to be?

45,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also said that some of them were Africanized bees, which would explain the aggressive behavior. He said that the africanized bees are breeding with the regular bees & he is seeing this type of thing everywhere. Then this week, my wife told me of a lady at her workplace that was literally attacked by bees while out walking with her son. The guy said that I was very lucky.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't decided if I'm really gonna sell it or not yet. I never use it though. It's too heavy to use for the things that I bought it for. Plus I've decided to go totally ECHO for my hand helds (personal choice). This thing does have some major power though! It's a Stihl KM 130R, 36.3cc, I purchased it 10-3-07, it maybe has 20 hours on it, the price when I bought it was $369.95. It's still in really good condition. Since I don't like the weight of it it mainly sits in the shed at my house or the back of my truck (which is covered by a topper). I also bought the edger attachment at the same time which was $89.95. Both prices are without tax. I haven't even thought about how much $ I want for these. What do you guys think? Would any of you guys be interested? This thing starts and runs great. I will post pics if any of you are interested.