Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-04-2008, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

any mow and blow outfits using a web site for ur only advertizing

i am still not sold on advertizing on the web.. myself i still use the phone book when i need something, the only time i buy something on the net is when i use ebay.
So any of you mow and blow lco use the net as your only source of advertizing .. this does not include having your web site on your flyers or business card ,etc.
I am only interested in the results you get from web searches
i talked to a lady today about making a site and hosting plus an ad on yellowpages.com with a link to the site for $120 per month with four pages and unlimted self managed pages
Old 03-04-2008, 06:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Internet Ad

Stay a way from a company called IDEARC MEDIA. I made a big mistake and started with them last November of 07. The first problem is it is pay per click, not based on calls . So if you get a lot of clicks with no calls you pay any way. Then come the calls " NO Better than what you would get in a shopper style of paper. 1 SOME LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT CO THAT OWES THEM MONEY AND ASKING ME IF I KNOW THIS COMPANY. 2 SOME FROM SOUTH CAROLINA LOOKING FOR WORK IN FL. 3. MULCH EST DOWN OVER THE PHONE ,Juts ball park it , i want it mulched today.4. A clean up that i bid on Feb17Th , have not heard back from them . They went with some one else. I live in Apopka Fl , some called yesterday from lakeland wanted to know if i sod yards.Yea drive all the way over to lakeland fl. when gas is 3.17 per Gal.

But the worse thing about this company they take out the money 30 days in advance of the billing , so on Feb 22 I had all ready paid the March bill which when the statement got here, showed it was not due till the end of this month. Closed my bank account sent my 3 more emails about my account , sent a certified letter , with receipt to the corporate office 3 pages long.

DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY ON THE INTERNET ADDS......................
Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i have heard of them , they do the sales for the local verizon book. the company i am dealing with is the berry company and it will not be a pay per click deal
Old 03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

There is no way in hell I would pay $120 per month! I pay $120 per year for my website hosting and registration, that is it... MAX!

My website brought in 20% of gross sales for last year and it was the first year my site was up!

Create your site, optimize it and put it on all of your local advertizing and watch the sales grow!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
There is no way in hell I would pay $120 per month! I pay $120 per year for my website hosting and registration, that is it... MAX!

My website brought in 20% of gross sales for last year and it was the first year my site was up!

Create your site, optimize it and put it on all of your local advertizing and watch the sales grow!
i guess you get what you pay for
Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Or

Or in my case I am paying for some thing that I am not getting. IE It HAS BEEN NO BENEFIT AT ALL TO ME. So we will see just what there responce is. The last time i checked my account they raised the amount limit to $ 150.00 per month. This was also put in my letter to them.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAG POWER View Post
Or in my case I am paying for some thing that I am not getting. IE It HAS BEEN NO BENEFIT AT ALL TO ME. So we will see just what there responce is. The last time i checked my account they raised the amount limit to $ 150.00 per month. This was also put in my letter to them.
damn that sucks ... thats why i am worried ...paying all this money and getting no results. i really dont see many people using the net to shop for lawn service
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Mowing Grass 11111 are you saying what I did was bad?

Gaining over $100K in gross sales is a bad thing?

I certainly got one hell of a ROI!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

I would not use any one thing as my ONLY source of advertising.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

You can find a decent designer and a site shouldn't cost more than 300 to 500. You can sign up for your own hosting account for less than $10 a month, give the designer the username and password putting it up is their job and your done with it hopefully.

Without getting in to details - generally,
if you get 15 calls a week April through May

1) A mow is going to gross $40 to $65 for a home,

2) A spring cleanup and mulch might gross $1500 to $3500

3) A paver job $500 to $15,000,

I want to close 2 or 3 jobs #2 and #3

The web gives me quality leads on a lot of good jobs, maintenance and construction jobs but not a big producer of lawn mowing jobs