Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-15-2001, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Heads Up For Consumer Mower Parts Buyers

August 20, 2001 I placed an order with "Jack's Small Engines" in Jarrettsville, MD. I received a comfirmation email immediately. They charged my credit card August 27, 2001 for the amount of $91.16.

After my credit card was billed, I sent an email requesting shipping information. I never heard from them. Finally, they sent me an email September 9, 2001 telling me my order had shipped. I received my order September 14, 2001.

Upon opening the box I find they failed to ship me one of the parts. This part cost $25.92. They had charged my credit card for this part but I didn't receive it. I immediately went to the phone and called. (At my expense, no toll free number.) It was Friday and 20 minutes from their closing time. NO ANSWER.

On September 18, 2001 I get through to Jacks Small Engine and talk to a woman named Amy. I tell her my problem, she instructs me what to do. I fax her the information she request confirming the credit card over charge. She calls me back and confirms that I am correct and that she has credited my card back $25.92.

I await my next credit card statement. NO CREDIT from Jacks Small Engine. Rather than calling at my expense again, I fax Amy another request with proof that I did not get the credit that should have been on my credit card. I HEAR NOTHING FROM JACKS SMALL ENGINES OR AMY FOR ALMOST THREE WEEKS!

Finally, I call my credit card company and inquire directly. They tell me no credit from Jacks Small Engines has been made back to my credit card. My credit card company credits me the $25.92 upon my testimony. LO and behold, Amy calls me 1 hour and 15 minutes later telling me she has credited my account back the appropriate amount.

This is just a thread to vent my anger at Jack's Small Engine and to give others out there that may read Lawnsite.com a heads up on an internet parts ordering place that's STINKS!!!!!

A Quote From Jack's Small Engine return policy insert:
"Our goal at Jacks is your 100% satisfaction. We believe in good old fashioned service, regardless of the size of your purchase."

Don't believe it! They sure didn't prove it to me.

That site is:
jackssmallengines.com
Old 11-15-2001, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

doesn't sound good!!!

Never dealt with them

maybe they mean "we get your money, we're 100% satisfied"
Old 11-15-2001, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Is it just a coincidence that your name is the same as the Clint Eastwood character on the old "Rawhide" television show? As for mail order parts, except for blades I just stick to the local part suppliers. Always have somewhere to go when something isn't right.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rowdy, "chill out", most credit card companies will tell you it usually takes 1 to 2 billing statements for a credit to show on your statement. As for Jacks small engines, I've never dealt with them, but have done a ton of internet business and have had virtually no problems to date. Hope your future business goes better than this transaction...................Lynn
Old 11-15-2001, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I've already been through two billing cycles and it wasn't on there, but thanks for the advice Lynn, I'm "Chillin," just thought I might warn potential future victims. I've done a considerable amount of internet transactions too, but this one was the pits. If this transaction is now resolved, it spanned from August 20, 2001 to November 14, 2001. That's not good service.

Jaybee, I pulled that name from the old Rawhide show. I entered 3 or 4 other user names when I registered and they were already in use. I tried Rowdy Yates and it worked.

Have a good one!!!!
Old 11-15-2001, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That is why I prefer to deal with local companies. They have to look you in the eye.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gorrell
Rowdy, "chill out", ...
Thats why they call him rowdy Lynn -LOL!!!

I know nothing gets me more fired up than knowing that the Credit Bureau is making money off cash I dont have in my hot little hands that should otherwise be there.

Thanks for the headsup!
Kris
Old 11-15-2001, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

not sure this is the right place for this post,thats up to
the ones in charge. but personaly i like to hear good or bad reports on this type thing. kinda lets u know what to watch for.
i would think jacks would want to answer . either w an apology or explanation.later now
Old 11-15-2001, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have dealt with Jack's many time with no problems.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I wish my experience had been good but it was bad from the get-go. It took too long to get my order and after I received it, part of it was missing.

I just thought they didn't make much of an effort to keep me informed or to get my credit back to my card. Besides that, the long distance phone call cost me money too. They should at least have an 800 number for cases like this.

Maybe it was a bad day at Jack's, I'm glad to know that others have had good dealings with them.

Head em up, move em out!!!! Rollin, rollin, rollin :blush: