Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Adventures of iMOW, a work in progress

Hello everyone. My name is Clyde and I just recieved my LLC for iMOW Lawn Services here in Wilmington, NC this week. I started this business last year assisting a "Few lil ole ladies...(sucker punched on that one. Will cover it in Chapter 3) I worked with in the Laboratory at the Trauma center here. I was a paramedic for 20+ years and have tried my luck at indoor employment only to wish I was still outdoors.

After a lucky break from my next door neighbor who just so happen to have a Yardman 42" rider that she wanted me to "properly" dispose of for her. Well, 35 dollars later, and I had a mean, lean cutting machine! So, the lil ole ladies...I went and looked at their prospective lawns and started mowing. 40 dollars here and 45 dollars there, just some extra spending money and a chance to see their smiling jubilent faces at work each night.

Within the first month, I had accumilated 16 accounts from the lab alone and no advertising at all. Well my lil ole ladies were spreading the word and now even they, were wanting more for their money. So, off to the store and picked up a BR 55 blower, Homelite XL35 weed eater, and a nice pair of ramps to load the mower into my truck.

By the end of the summer I was working 45-50 hours a week mowing, 10 hours a week, hardscaping (very small projects) and another 40 hours on Sat/Sun working in the Lab at the hospital. Well, my wife of 23 years was happy...never home!

Wake up!!!

OK so I started my LLC this month and hope to spend a few minutes a night reading all the information you long timers are posting and hope to meet some of you at the many seminars and confrences that pop up around the area.

Clyde

PS anyone know any really good lottery numbers? mine do not seem to work well. Just a thought.

Equipment: Husquavarna 42" tractor with bagger and mulch kit.
Craftsmen 22" Self Propelled with Bagger
2 - Stihl Weedeaters
1 - shindiawa backpack blower
1- Poulan 2150 chainsaw
1- MTD rear-tine Tiller
1 - Mantis Tiller
1- BR55 Handheld Blower
3- Round tip chinese backhoes
2 -flat head chinese ditch levelers
Assortment of rakes
1- 6X12 trailer with multible racks
1-2004 Chevy silverado 1500 to pull it all around!

Last edited by imow in NC; 02-25-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: additions
Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you're business grew quickly - maybe quicker than you realized! You must do good work. Keep it up!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Keep up the good work