Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Software?

Ok, so I've been using Gopher for many years now. I just started syncing it with quickbooks and it's a nightmare, (or atleast I think it could be an easier process).

Has anyone else used clip, or is there a software out there for the green industry that will auto sync with QB?
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 03-07-2008, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

if you are a QuickBooks user, i would definitely say use QXpress, this is what we use. seemless with QuickBooks www.qxpress.com. time is tight before the spring, you should just call them up and do a web demo so they can show you how it works.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

qxpress interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1966 View Post
if you are a QuickBooks user, i would definitely say use QXpress, this is what we use. seemless with QuickBooks www.qxpress.com. time is tight before the spring, you should just call them up and do a web demo so they can show you how it works.
We are in the process of dropping Groundskeeper Pro and going with Qxpress. First of all GKPro is a great software. But if you have stopped sending invoices and started hitting credit cards with Quick books, go with qxpress. At least these are the problems I hope qxpress can handle for me.

In the morning I spend 40 minutes using Microsoft Streets and Trips to map and optimize the day's route. it is built in with qxPress hopefully making these 40 minutes a thing of the past.

It takes 2 hours at the end of the day to reschedule and apply end of day charges. I could use a barcode scanner with Qxpress and speed through the accounts applying charges. or I could use a Pocket PC in the Truck and have the crew update the routes as they go. Maybe a headache. Undecided on best method here.

Then twice per month I manually enter charges into quickbooks from my data in GKPro (Double Entry BAD) then I take the results from hitting all the cards and I go back to GKPro and apply payments. This takes me 7 hours every time I hit cards.
in QxPress All client balances and invoices are shared with quickbooks and makes hitting cards simple. And when cards are hit the info automatically applies to my clients account in Qxpress.

So what is it and how much? QxPress is a seperate program from Quick books written to act just like quick books with industry specific function. in fact it has taken little time to familiarize myself and my secretary with it. We have only looked at it for 2 days but looks pretty promising

Cost? Rent it for $68/month or purchase for $1285.00 Add the Mapping for $600

OK so y'all who use it, tell me what is best and worst about it. How do you like the Barcode reader aspect. Do you actually utilize the Pocket PC

Whole buncha crud

Last edited by lawn_jockey; 03-08-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yah, looks like its an awesome program. Anyone have a serial they wanna sell that they don't use anymore ;-)
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn_jockey View Post
We are in the process of dropping Groundskeeper Pro and going with Qxpress. First of all GKPro is a great software. But if you have stopped sending invoices and started hitting credit cards with Quick books, go with qxpress. At least these are the problems I hope qxpress can handle for me.

In the morning I spend 40 minutes using Microsoft Streets and Trips to map and optimize the day's route. it is built in with qxPress hopefully making these 40 minutes a thing of the past.

It takes 2 hours at the end of the day to reschedule and apply end of day charges. I could use a barcode scanner with Qxpress and speed through the accounts applying charges. or I could use a Pocket PC in the Truck and have the crew update the routes as they go. Maybe a headache. Undecided on best method here.

Then twice per month I manually enter charges into quickbooks from my data in GKPro (Double Entry BAD) then I take the results from hitting all the cards and I go back to GKPro and apply payments. This takes me 7 hours every time I hit cards.
in QxPress All client balances and invoices are shared with quickbooks and makes hitting cards simple. And when cards are hit the info automatically applies to my clients account in Qxpress.

So what is it and how much? QxPress is a seperate program from Quick books written to act just like quick books with industry specific function. in fact it has taken little time to familiarize myself and my secretary with it. We have only looked at it for 2 days but looks pretty promising

Cost? Rent it for $68/month or purchase for $1285.00 Add the Mapping for $600

OK so y'all who use it, tell me what is best and worst about it. How do you like the Barcode reader aspect. Do you actually utilize the Pocket PC
Hey LawnJockey

I was curious if you switched over to Qxpress ever. We have been using it for 3 or 4 years. Like it, but actually we are looking at Evergreen and Service Ceo. I like evergreen because it is on their servers. No more computer problems.

I talked to you about your 2003 Truck awhile back. I hope you got it sold.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lawn jockey or others what do you think of q express? does it have any marketing capabilities? what about support and updates? customer service is important also.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had qxpress for 2 years. As far as I know it doesn't have marketing software. I never really figured out how to use it that well so I don't use it too the full potential. I do not have the maps either. Never seen any marketing software integrated.

When the ignorant rule, civilization is brought down to their level...
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have qxpress and love it. I am not using anywhere near to the fullest, but its great. Things that were very complicated and troublesome in Clip are as they should be in Qxpress.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Member

There is marketing in their platinum version. Mail merge, memorized filter lists, excel exports, data mining, reporting, renewal letters, upsell letters etc.

Last week we downloaded qx9 which has email marketing now too, which is cool. I think I'm going to set it up so that I can email past customers that I'm going to be in their area the following week, which it can do, as well as email customers an automatic notification that we serviced their property.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking at migrating from Quickbooks to one of several open source alternatives that use a real database.