Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2000, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

what do you guys think of snapper walk behinds, i looked at some and they were pretty impressive, also how close is this guy on price, 36" cut, hydro all the bell's and whistles, i can't remember the motor size, i think 14 hrs kawasawki, the guy told me $3690.00 let me know what you think.
Old 02-09-2000, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Just my opinion, I think Snapper stuff is 2nd rate. Every piece of Snapper equipment I have dealt with didn't match up to it's commercial competition.
Old 02-09-2000, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I evaluated walk behinds last year before buying one and I am glad that I did. I would say to get as much information as you can and then wait until the dealer can let you trial mow or at least run it around the parking lot. You must decide which features are important but don't base that on price alone. You are the one behind the machine. Good luck. ed
Old 02-09-2000, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree about testing a mower. I run them for at least 1 full day of standard operations.
Old 02-09-2000, 05:06 PM
Banned

I have a pro 36&quot; hydro. Mows great, runs 4mph<br>a little slow at times, but all in all good deck, your chouce of blades from any Lesco or mail order co. Third year with it in Florida.<br>About 1200 hours on same deck.
Old 02-09-2000, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I had an older 36&quot; Snapper belt drive,12HP, cut great.I didn't like the long wheel base because it sclaped small humps.
Old 02-10-2000, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would suggest that you get a mower like scag,exmark,toro ect.We use a 14hp 36'' hydro scag and it is tuff as nails!We use our for lawn and snow removal.From the sound of things the snapper is a little slow.Our scag can hit 7mph.You can't walk that fast.I also think scag,exmark ect would give just as good of a cut as a snapper.Our scag gives a great cut!I have heard that exmark's also give a great cut.Look into these mowers before you get a snapper.I think snappers would be a good mower but I think the mowers I told you about would last longer.<p>P.S I have seen ferris also gives a good cut.<p>from:adam<br>AB Lawn Care