Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-25-2001, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Member

? What is the gross weight rating of this truck? From what i had found it appeares to be 11,400lbs. Now taking that into acount and the approxamate light weight before adding a body with a hoist i would guess that with the configuration you have ordered it would be around 7000lbs. And with the sugestions of a 10 to 12 yard grain body that probably weighs about 3500lbs. Now ad that to the truck lightweight and you are at 10,500 lbs. With out even adding in the weight of your crew and tools and then material to be hauled to the job you will soon have a truck that is overweight. In my oppion you should find the lightests weight body and hoist combonation that you could find to achive the highest payload you can without becoming overweight. Good luck with the new truck.
Old 11-26-2001, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Trying for the 9 1/2' flatbed this morning. These people keep jacking me around on delivery ect. They're, Chevy, about to be replaced by a GMC dealer with a close but not exact match to my desired layout of a work truck.
Opting for a 9' Snoway straight plow, considering the annual snowfall vs cost, weight and simplicity of design so going straight. May consider V-type for next truck.
The Snow way dealer is open 24/7 during storms. The Western/Boss dealer says I'm open 8-5, M-F and if something breaks on the weekend I'll see you Monday morning. He just lost a sale.
The truck is 4x4 and yes I'm looking at under bed tool boxes for misc materials and tools. This has been a can-o-worms for me but this site and it's participants have been priceless.
Thanks to all.
Mike
Old 12-09-2001, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a '92 C-3500 with a 9' platform dump with a 6 ton hoist under it. I like the platform, just a 3' steel bulkhead. I have 3' wood sides for it with barn doors, and usually have 12" sides on. I can remove the sides and haul a large backyard shed, or anything that hangs over the sides and/or rear. I welded on winches for 4" flat web straps. On the passenger side it has an under body tool box to hold winch straps, chains and binders and other tools. For all we do, this works the best for us.

Paul
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2001, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mike,

Where are your getting your crysteel bed??

I have got one on a old 1 ton 4x4 and want to get a new. I was checking on prices..

MARK DOUGLAS